• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - photo rejected for being to similar.

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There! 

I'm hoping I could get the opinion of those on here who have been uploading for a while and have larger collections. The attached photo was rejected for "Similar Images Already Submitted". How strict are they about this rule? Take a look at the attached photo of the roadway, and take a look at my very small (for now) portfolio. https://stock.adobe.com/contributor/210405192/Kris  Do you think any of my photos are similar enough for this to be rejected? The lighting, location, and subject are all different enough, at least I thought. 

Is there any way to dispute a rejected photo? 

Would love to hear your suggestions, thank you!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

To similar is sometimes misleading as at may well mean too similar to other pictures in the database, not only your portfolio.

There is no dispute for a rejected photo, but you can consider resubmitting, when the criticized defects have been corrected. Obviously, that is not possible here.

To really assess the quality of the picture, you need to post a higher resolution of it here. I think that it needs a punch at least, the overall appearance is to grey. Well and then, I suppose, there is l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the reviewer selected the wrong rejection reason. It's definitely not similar to the other 6 images in your portfolio; however it does seem to be rather blurry. When I zoom in I can't find any of those cattails that are actually in focus.  

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that's a possibility.

The photo I uploaded here was just a screenshot version FYI, not the full res. Zooming in in Lightroom, there are quite a few cattails in focus, but the f stop was only f/3.2 so maybe the field was too narrow? I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KDPPhoto ,

Screenshot or not the photo is totally out of focus. You cannot take landscape with 3.2f-stop. 

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To similar is sometimes misleading as at may well mean too similar to other pictures in the database, not only your portfolio.

There is no dispute for a rejected photo, but you can consider resubmitting, when the criticized defects have been corrected. Obviously, that is not possible here.

To really assess the quality of the picture, you need to post a higher resolution of it here. I think that it needs a punch at least, the overall appearance is to grey. Well and then, I suppose, there is little value in this picture showing in the lower area 2 or 3 grass flowers in focus and the rest of the picture including the water or road and those disturbing pylons.

And just to say: I have landscape pictures taken at a wide opening, but you need to know your lenses and your subjects.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Abambo , thanks for the feedback! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope your issue is resovled.

Please let me know where your "The view from a rocky lookuot point spans a massive forest" was taken. It's a beautiful vista!

All the best,

bRollGO

tbride112 at gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines