Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Intellectual Property rejection

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1-P1200056_3.jpg

Checked all the guidelines before submitting this image, and didn't believe generic Christmas ornament crossed any lines. Uploaded with the following description : Public display of generic, colourful, festive St Nicholas and Christmas tree ornaments on display in a bazaar. Kotor, Montenegro.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Steve

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Greetings Stephen W Robinson, I will send you to the stock contributors guide to study the various releases required by Adobe. While the generic stock is just that, still a company and artist or designer made them. The public display does not mean you are free to use photos of these things as you choose - as commercial material. Best regards, JH

Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock should give you a clearer understanding of what is required. Known image restrictions will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Stephen W Robinson, I will send you to the stock contributors guide to study the various releases required by Adobe. While the generic stock is just that, still a company and artist or designer made them. The public display does not mean you are free to use photos of these things as you choose - as commercial material. Best regards, JH

Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock should give you a clearer understanding of what is required. Known image restrictions will give you a more comprehensive knowledge of what is not accepted, and with other's, what composition is accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply,

I don't get exorcised about my submissions... life's too short, and there are always better things to do with time.

I'd already read through the guidelines prior submission and felt it was well within the criteria and did not appear in any of the exclusion lists.

Shame tho' that's another moderator off my Christmas card list.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose, the moderator recognized some unique artwork in your picture. Even mass fabricated figures may be protected by (c) and are unusable for stock images. This would be probably different if the figures would not be the main motive. Like some generic item and one or two of your figures as decoration. Please keep in mind that moderators can only guess that the figures are protected either as a trademark or under (c) law.

Here you fall clearly under Adobe’s (and others) « no risk » policy.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

I'd checked through the protocols before submission, and it appeared to be acceptable, and wasn't on  any exclusion list.

I won't lose any sleep over it, it pays not to take yourself too seriously.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sometimes you get such pictures through, sometimes they get refused. And if you submit to different providers, it may well be, that a different one will accept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, He can use it on his personal Christmas card, Yes? : + ) JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem with that. It's the "general" use that poses problems not the picture in itself.

I also do not see this as a big problem generally with this picture and I suppose that different stock providers will accept it.

The major problem here would be if someone manufacturing such figures would use the picture to promote his work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines