Exit

Help with parsing photos

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community
I need criticism and help

This work is the most interesting thing I've done lately. It seemed that it was also appropriate for Adobe Stock. I took many pictures of the stone :mount_fuji: with contrast lighting. I mirrored the photo and got pretty good covers (as it seemed to me). But unfortunately I was refused with a note
- the images do not meet the requirements -
(characteristic photo 13mb, 5662x5630 / 7656x4785, 300dpi, sRGB, iso-100, there was a white frame on square covers)
If possible, I would like not to repeat the mistake and understand what could be the reason.
Out of 10 covers and 2 explanatory photos in which the whole idea of ​​the concept of the series is clear, only the last two were accepted.

help with parsing the photo.jpg

(only the first photo from this set was accepted)
(translated into a googl translator, sorry if it’s badly explained)

I count on your help 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Hi @defaultrsq56p11a0g5,

White frames are not accepted as of the guidelines.

Don't try to be too artistic. Things like mirroring and fancy filters that the users may do by themselves without any hassle are also not accepted. Send in the original file and in 2 minutes a buyer will be able to copy your effect and much more. So, why to cripple the buyer his possibilities.

Abstract images are, however, accepted, if they are meeting the quality requirements.

I don't know what you mean by "explana

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I know, Adobe stock are looking for realistic photographs only, not art. They evidently feel their customers will not be seeking this kind of work, right or wrong. I hope you find an outlet for your art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultrsq56p11a0g5,

White frames are not accepted as of the guidelines.

Don't try to be too artistic. Things like mirroring and fancy filters that the users may do by themselves without any hassle are also not accepted. Send in the original file and in 2 minutes a buyer will be able to copy your effect and much more. So, why to cripple the buyer his possibilities.

Abstract images are, however, accepted, if they are meeting the quality requirements.

I don't know what you mean by "explanatory photos, but there is no need for that on stock. Indeed, the buyer selects pictures for his project needs and for that, he or she does not need an explanation about how to use your pictures. He can use them in any context he wants with very little restrain as explained in the licensing terms.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, I understood you and now it became clearer to me the work of the platform Adobe Stock.

When asked what I meant "explanatory photos".

I asked myself a question: if my participation is my project, then how can I present an extreme product.
- to present consistently and as a whole idea and atmosphere -
And in this case, I chose an inappropriate approach to presentation for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Stock is a huge database of assets (not only picture, but mostly). What the customer finally wants to do with the assets is his task. I find back some of my sales on the web, some others I have no idea what happened to them. So, customers have their ideas when using a picture. When they chose yours, it should be enough for you to know that your work got accepted.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines