• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, could you tell me why my image could not be accepted?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2018-11-26 a la(s) 11.12.39.png

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the rejection reason?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rejection reason is: Technical Error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

I would guess to be your cropping.

a cropping like this would be better, and best would be to get rid of the stool or to get it as an element of the image in your composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my view, I think, the issue here is with white balance.

Take note of the colour of the wall - I guess it should be a creamy colour

Captura+de+pantalla+white balance.jpg

Cropping would also probably be another reason. You have too much space at the top, and the overall composition is not very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's altogether, even that the white balance is not that lot off to justify a rejection. The perspective, however is one. And the fact that the main subject is quite small (without a reason) and the chair is quite of misplaced in the picture.

It looks like taking a picture of apples and bananas, because they were there.

So even when it would not have declined with technical issues, I doubt that the moderators would have accepted it anyway. I feel that the commercial appeal rejection reason is quite as strong as the technical one.

Food, flowers, animals and sunrises/sunsets need to have a wow effect to be accepted, as there are abundantly masses of pictures of such motives in the stock database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, to make it clear, my response was to intended for the OP. It is by mistake the 'reply' was to you - the nature of this forum's reply system. I agree with the cropping factor, but still, I think white balance is also a consideration. For me, the white balance is off. Especially as it is supposed to be a bowl of fruit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricky336  wrote

Actually, to make it clear, my response was to intended for the OP.

I know. I'm just less picky on the white balance than you are. I see, however, your pov. But the white balance is not off by very much. I have nearly the same pictures (content has variations so that the similar picture does not hook in), but with a slightly but noticeable different white balance...and both are correct in one or the other sense.

But as always it is the one and the other and may be also a third: I find the perspective (the wall corner) unpleasant.

Cropping very tight on the basket leaving only minimal space would make the picture more interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image needs to be planned well before shooting.

To get better ideas of how to shoot this type of scene go to Google Images and type in "apples still life old masters." There are plenty of wonderful examples there.

Good luck! It's a fun subject to capture:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my above comment, here is an example of a digital painting I did of apples. I first shot the photo that I made the digital painting from so the photo looks like this too.

I chose the best looking apples I could find in the store. I wanted them heatlhy -not bruised- bright red and shiny. (Although I washed them when I got home and gently dried them to a high shine) Then I put an off white cloth on my bed next to a window because I love natural light. I moved the apples around till I liked the arrangement. I also moved the cloth around until I loved the folds. The light was changing fast as the sun was setting so I had to move fast. I changed the placement of the apples quite a few times after the original placement because I looked at the photo on the camera viewfinder and wasn't happy with it. I took about 50 photos, each a little different from the other. I added in a reflector after a few shots because I felt the shadow side was too dark and I wanted detail there. I opened up the photos in Bridge -can use lightrom of course- and chose the one I liked the best. Then I made the digital painting using the photo as my reference.

So it's quiet the process getting an image you love. Just like the old masters did in their paintings.

Good luck! It's fun!

Apples_final Painting ProCreate cropped LIGHT WEB.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear KI. MacDuff, I too started to do a similar picture of apples. So much fun and what a learning process for photographers who are not artists. Thank you for doing this so well. We all must learn we can do better and even excell if we put in the study and effort. This was a kind effort on your part. Kind wishes, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Joanh!

It sure is a learning process. The journey is long and well worth it:)

Kind wishes to you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and after that you ate the apples. I really love the story and the picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly did eat them! They were delicious! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this image accepted ..???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines