• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I deactivate my account?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up to sell photos that I've taking and all have been rejected but one out of like 12.  This isn't what i thought it out to be from reviews.  But when I got to my profile I don't see a deactivation link.  I mean whats the point of uploading if you cant upload a photo you only changed the lighting slightly. "Our members like to change the photo."  I could care two cents less what these people like.  I liked my photos and thought they looked good.  At least they're good enough for facebook and sharing with family and friends.  Sorry but not sorry adobe stock.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelw85447968  wrote

I mean whats the point of uploading if you cant upload a photo you only changed the lighting slightly. "Our members like to change the photo."  I could care two cents less what these people like.  I liked my photos and thought they looked good.

Stock is not about good looking pictures, it’s about pictures that a buyer can use. You are not selling art here, you are selling good craftsman‘s work. When I buy a picture, I want a certain level of quality. That is assumed by strict moderation rules.

To delete your account, use the « contact us » link at the footer of the contributor site.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're telling me that quality photos of sunsets, sunrises, pictures of the ocean, and a beautiful picture of the mountain side in hawaii isnt good enough?  But, a single black and white of a seagull is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your feedback is appreciated. There is a learning curve to stock. The subjects you listed...sunsets, ocean along with flowers, common house pets, etc are sellable subjects however they are part of a saturated market. There are many, many amazing photos of these subjects already in the collection. We do accept this type of content however the scrutiny these images are reviewed with is more intense than for subjects less prevalent in the collection. I'm sure your images look great however to be approved there must be a significant WOW factor.

I hope you reconsider and keep trying. It does take effort but if you put the time in there is great opportunity for success. Regardless of your final decision I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

-Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Mat Hayward has given you his comments on this.

I’m by far not saying that your pictures are not beautyful. I’m just saying that pictures must meet certain criteria. I was commenting on what you said, not on any pictures you send in, because you did not show them here. I did not see and cannot see your rejected pictures and for sure, I did not hunt after your sole admited picture.

If, however, that was really a bw seagull, then you must really have contributed a nice picture, because bw treatment is a rejection reason on its own. The picture must be great to pass that hurdle.

What I’m saying too is, that most of the pictures here are not artistic pictures but theamed to give the buyer the possibility to use that picture on its own in his brochures and adverts and web sites. Buyers are rarely buying to use your picture as a wall paint, even that I bought 2 pictures specifically to be used in a private house with an LED lightning effect. There you need those romantic sunsets.

And btw: even if the criteria to get such pictures through are tuff, I have some of them in my portfolio and some of them even sell, even that I am not one of the most prestigious contributors. Just to get things right: I can‘t do stock photography for a living.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Machael

Many of us go through the curves of learning what Adobe customers wants. When I started out I had 99.9% of my images rejected. I was ready to give up. However I met Mat Hayward. He told me how many he had rejected. There's no way I would continue having so many of my images rejected. Now he's making videos. Well that's enough for Mat

I researched and apply what I found. I learn a lot from this forum. But I also learn from other stock sites. I grow to see and understand the reasons for rejections. I'll ask you to do something. Take a close look on the news feed images of Microsoft Edge. I'm sure on camera those a really nice images. On the web, that's a different case. We assume many of our images will be used on the web.

Grain is a big issue for web images and most of the time can only be seen at 100 to 200% magnification. From my experience I assume that all photos have some level of grains. Depending on the lighting and the quality camera will determine how much grain, artifacts, and noise there is on the image. This can be corrected using a photo editor.

Sharpness is very important. As someone who designs with images, I know very well how important it is to work with sharp edges. Images are not easily cropped if edges are not sharp, or if edge is over exposed (too white). Editor can help with the sharpness if image is not overexposed.

Different platforms or application has different effect on the lighting/exposure of images. Therefore many times images that you're comfortable with on your computer, you will notice, without making any adjustments to them they looks different on different websites, or applications; even looks darker. This has to be taken in consideration. Therefore even though you'd not want your images to be too white, or exposed, lighter images are more acceptable; even Instagram admit to this.

What needs to be taken into consideration is that we're not uploading for Adobe. We are uploading for diverse customers, most of which has different taste then us. Also our images are used for different projects, and require certain quality. Adobe is the Marketer and is experienced enough to have an idea of the quality and kind of images customers will buy. There is no point uploading images that never sell. Therefore the best we do is to follow the guidelines as given on the website, through rejection and on the forum, and get it right.

I hope you're willing to hang on. If wish to, upload your images here for critique, we can help you along. Or you may choose to do as I do- research as much as possible and apply all the information you can. You can ask us on each of your rejection reasons and we will assist where we can.

I'm happy to say, most of the images I now upload are accepted.

Here are two very useful links

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success |

Regard

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines