• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I get a release from the model I drew?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I get a release from the model I drew? constantly, when I upload a render of my 3d model or a drawing, my work is not accepted, they ask for a release, and the filling form is such that the model itself must sign everything itself, but it is just a drawn picture, without a prototype. how can I prove that this is a drawn person?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!. Do you say very clearly in your image description that this is a 3D render? This is very important to say.

2. There are two kinds of release. Are Adobe asking for "Property Release" or "Model Release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Real_Pizhma It sounds as though you are being asked for a live model to sign a model release when you have created the drawing from your own concept. Hey, at least these are realistic enough to be asked for one! I'm wondering if changing the category or type of artwork would make a difference?

Here is a wild suggestion and I have no idea if it would be accepted by the legal team but it's worth considering or asking. Fill out the model release yourself writing the model's name something like this: "Figure A from the imagination of Real Pizhma; no live model was used in creating this 3D rendering" and then fill out the rest of the model release with your contact information and signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you dont need a relase for a drawing/portrait you made. You made original art. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JonathanArias But @Real_Pizhma is being asked for one otherwise their art will not be accepted. Do you know how to override the request for a model release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't, sorry. Never submitted images 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes property releases are requested for drawing. I believe the reason for a model release this time is because the 3D resembles a real person, plus file type category "Photograph" is selected. That is the default section and we many times forget to check.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Real_Pizhma ,

The team ask for a model release. You cannot produce one. You did not take a photograph. You did not draw the portrait of an existing model. This is my suggestion. State in the caption that it is a 3D rendering of a drawing. Select for category, "Illustration".

Sign a property release document noting on the document that it is a 3D rendering.

Resubmit and see what happen.

You're not the model. The document is a legal document, and should be accurate and true. Otherwise can cause issue in the future, and if my guess is correct it could cause your account cancellation.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original artwork needs a Property Release signed by YOU, the artist/owner.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

Uploading release forms.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/upload-a-model-or-property-release.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea I would like to mark this as the correct answer right now because what you say makes sense. Thank you! I'm still wondering about @Real_Pizhma's original question though, saying Adobe Stock "....ask[s] for a release, and the filling form is such that the model itself must sign everything itself..."

It seems they were asked for a model release because the drawing is of a person. From your experience with AS, do you think a property release submitted will automatically resolve the issue? I also wonder if there is any other clear guidance about this for future occurrences. This page (Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock) has nothing specific about using a property release for your own original drawings, especially those of 3D realistic-looking people. Any thoughts on the best way I could submit a suggestion to have a section for this type of situation, using this as an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be due to language differences or just insufficient understanding of submission requirements.  In any case, what's done is done.  The OP must resubmit their digital artwork as original with a signed property release stating they are the artist/owner as well as the stock contributor. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. Or it could be that AS thought it was a drawing that required a model release because it looks like a specific person and therefore asked for one! Who knows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines