• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I know if people bought extended license for images?

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Browsing the internet I came across one of my images, which I uploaded to Adobe Stock, on a site that is reselling it as a big mural. Looking through my sales, I only found one sale for the image and that was with a 'subscription' license. How do I know if they bought an extended license and are therefore allowed to repurpose the image in such a way? For other images is says 'extended' in the license column.

Many thanks!

Gunnar

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Hi,

these resellers (posters, canvas prints, wallpapers etc.) are usually so-called API partners (Application Protocol Interface) of Fotolia/Adobe. They buy the images on request by subscription when one of their customers chooses one and prints it on any of the offered media. No EL is required.

In these cases for example, an extended licence would be necessary if these media were first printed with the image in a certain quantity and then offered for sale.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

these resellers (posters, canvas prints, wallpapers etc.) are usually so-called API partners (Application Protocol Interface) of Fotolia/Adobe. They buy the images on request by subscription when one of their customers chooses one and prints it on any of the offered media. No EL is required.

In these cases for example, an extended licence would be necessary if these media were first printed with the image in a certain quantity and then offered for sale.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey - thanks for clearing that up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines