• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long does it take to review and pay for publication?

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded a picture today on Adobe Stock. 

1) I just wanted to know how long does it take to review? 

2) If a photo is selected, what is the process of payment to the person (owner of photo)? 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reviewing can take a week or more.

If the picture is accepted, it is added to Adobe's catalog. There is no payment at this time.

Later, over the years to come, a customer may see your picture, and decide to license it. If this happens, a share of their payment is added to your account. (The price is variable)

When your account has many sales, you have the chance to take the money.

Even if a picture is selected, there may be no sales. It is a highly competitive market, with world class photos. For example if you have a picture of a cat, there are over 2 million pictures of cats already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patience is key; I uploaded my first image in September, 2016 and got my first sale in November, 2016. I didn't accumulate enough sales for the first $50 payout until a little over a year later. Now I get regular payouts because I have steadily added more images to my portfolio. It's definitely not a "get rich quick" scheme; but gives me a steady, though small flow of passive income, which is just fine for a retirement gig.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jill_C wrote:

Patience is key; I uploaded my first image in September, 2016 and got my first sale in November, 2016. I didn't accumulate enough sales for the first $50 payout until a little over a year later. 

The threshold is now $25, so you can request your first payment as soon as you reach that threshold. Each time a user licenses an asset of yours, you get paid a commission. Commissions are in the cents range mostly, so you need to sell a lot of assets to get a decent income. The more assets you have in your portfolio. the more is the probability that a user selects your picture. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• The review process can take 1-2 weeks just to find out if your image was accepted or rejected. 
  • Beyond that it could take several weeks or months to earn your first commission.
  • Before Adobe can pay you, you need to submit your tax withholding forms. 
  • Read the Stock Contributor User Guide for details.
  • https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines