• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am a new contributer, all my files were rejected due to possible "technical issues".

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop to upload and edit, what DPI do I use?  I uploaded at 350 DPI and wondering if that was a problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

The DPI vaue is absolutly nonsense. It's only useful for print operators in a very narrow field of application. You can simply ignore this paramenter as a photographer. There is no difference in image quality between 2 dpi and 100,000 dpi. Digital images are defined by the resolution in pixels and here you have a range you need to meet to be able to upload.

Your image, however is missing detail. There is a kind of flattening that I haven't seen until now. A contrast boost would enhance the wor

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

canyon_adobe_stock_photo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Stock Contributors forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DPI vaue is absolutly nonsense. It's only useful for print operators in a very narrow field of application. You can simply ignore this paramenter as a photographer. There is no difference in image quality between 2 dpi and 100,000 dpi. Digital images are defined by the resolution in pixels and here you have a range you need to meet to be able to upload.

Your image, however is missing detail. There is a kind of flattening that I haven't seen until now. A contrast boost would enhance the worse, but as there is absolutly no structure at the bottom of the waterfall, that does not safe the image.

Abambo_0-1607810717228.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock looks for highest visual and technical quality. See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dots Per Inch - DPI. Used in printing.  Uploading to stock is irrelevant. The printer can choose what resolution they want.

As mentioned by Abambo, the waterfall is burnt out at the base - no detail. Doesn't look good when enlarged.

The foliage near the top and bottom could also be a problem.

InkedInkedcanyon_adobe_stock_photo_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines