I can not find the problem: artifacts.

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

All images were rejected due to artifacts. Can you help me, please. The pictures were taken from the phone and not processed.

20180511_114623.jpg20181017_024943.jpg20190530_142640.jpg

[moderator edited title for clarity]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As you took these with a smartphone, the quality of a smartphone is as yet not so good for Adobe stock photos.

Though smartphone photos are accepted, they just have to be free from these types of problems, like with any camera - even DSLR.

The main problem with smartphone photos is that they are compressed. Therefore you get some JPEG artifacts - compression artifacts in the saved file. It is good enough for web photos, Facebook, Instagram, but remember, people using Adobe Stock, don't only use them for web photos.

Look at this photo:20180511_114623artifacts.jpg See how the edges appear a bit blocky? This is what is meant by artifacts, in this case.

Same with the flowers: 20190530_142640artifacts 2.jpg Around the edges is a bit blocky, as well as the petals.

A lot of smartphone photos have this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 1 and 3, the pictures are not very neat, crisp. They have the typical phone lens look. I would expect more contrast.

as for the artefacts, I found some issues, I just marked what I saw immediately, but also more to the left, you see problems.

For the flowers, you see the problems also on the borders. Especially the compression artefacts.

The night picture is really a problem for phone cameras. There are absolutely no neat details. And if you have slight exposure problems on the plant pictures the tower bridge is having strong exposure problems...

I pointed only one of the troubles on the tower picture. I could in fact put all in red... I'm sorry about that:

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi danab,

Your images are very grainy. To satisfy Adobe's needs you will need to use a photo editor to inspect your images at 100 to 200% magnification and look for spots like are on this image, look for halloo around the edge as with Ricky's flower clip, look for shade of colors in area that should have one solid color, check for focus, etc. While these images seem to be focused, they are very grainy.

After identifying these flaws, you need to use the photo editor to correct them, then resubmit.

For more information go to  https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe....

Best wishes

JG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines