Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't see the noise

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This image was rejected due to noise/grains problem. I guess it is mainly because of the editing done on the image, but I'm not sure at all.

Also, I would appreciate any helpful comment on how to improve my photography skills.

I'm a total newbie

ISO 100 50mm(Prime) f5.6 1/800

Thanks in advanceIMG_4524 - Copy.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings and welcome newbie. Personally, I love this action photo. I do see a potential problem or two. One is the sky, take a look at 100 + magnification and see grain or noise there. This happens if you darken or add saturation of color for the bold contrast look. I am more an illustrator than photographer so I will leave exposure issue to others here. Maybe scrub the beer sign in lower right just in case a buyer does not want it.

For now, here are a few guidelines provided by Adobe for stock contributors. You will notice there is a section for "Newbies". Best regards, JH

You can find information similar to what you have requested at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/rejection-reasons.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I think your photo is too contrasty. You do have some noise in the sky area - chromatic noise (colour noise - coloured pixels):

IMG_4524+-+crop.jpg

But, you will probably have issues with IP rights - signs on buildings - HSBC, the tourist boat, the beer sign among others. You need to be aware of these things when taking these kinds of shots.

You DO need to have a read of the links Joan mentioned and follow on to the other links which are also mentioned at the top of the Contributor page, as well as the Critique page. This is a very good place to start!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned, I am totally new to the field of photography and I'm trying to learn. It seems the learning curve is much steeper than one would think

I didn't even notice the HSBC sign

I will follow the link that Joan mentioned, it is always helpful to hear the opinions of the experts in the field. Thank you both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi alimohammads,

I believe the image is a little too sharp. That might be what causes the grains in the sky. It is especially visible in the blue area. In addition to the joan and Ricky's comments, recommendations, and link, I will add the following that you should also read.

Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle  - be sure to read the Adobe Stock Contributor Guide PDF document, and the links at the end of the PDF document.

Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock and the associated links.

Best wishes

My advise to you about photography, is to first read all the information about your camera. Use the appropriate settings for the scene or portrait you photograph. Experiment with all your camera features and see which works best for you. Use adequate lighting/exposure. Take time to focus. Do not move the camera too quickly after each shot. Research and read-up all you can find about photography.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines