• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I dont know, what the technicals problems with my photos. I will be happy to get your advices.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.JPG7.jpg6.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Yana Bjorn, To my eyes, the best of these presented photographs are the single flower and the cups filled with fruit. Each one contains other errors or distractions which can be seen if you examine them at 100 -200% enlargement. They are blurs and noise and spots and white balance problems.

It is not enough to present nice photographs, you must compete with great photographers. The objects you photograph are but a few amongst the millions. They must be outstanding!

If you crop the flower and keep it tight, the flower is nice but not great. The cups are interesting and okay but need better exposure to give clarity and depth. Even then, not quite great.

The container with mint is okay but no contrast and special light...exposure again.

The cherries are more blur than anything else and can not be expected to excite the photo reviewers.

We who present stock photos must know our competition and the market. Educate yourself about taking the kind of photo that sells. Here are a few idea places. Good luck, JH

Looking for answers? Start with the FAQs

Read some frequently asked questions in our documentation for the quickest answers to your questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i Yana,

Lovely images. I specially like images 4 and 5.

This is what you need to do before submitting your images. Zoom the images to between 100 and 200% magnification and examine them carefully.

In the case of image 1, as shown by the zoomed clip below, it has excessive grain/noise and artifacts (color noise). The top edge of the main subject is soft (out of focus). The shadow areas are a bit too dark. Also in my opinion the main subject should be more center, or more closely zoomed to reduce the  amount of shallow background.

For images with highlights (bright lights) it is likely there will be cases of artificial coloring around the edges of subjects subjected to the lights. This is the case with image 2 as shown in the zoomed image below.

The above clip was taken from the lighted section of the area in the following image

Incidentally images 6 and 3 are similar to image 2. Please avoid uploading similar images, except they are different enough  to provide additional value to customers.

The above plant is not completely in focus, and appears to be a little grainy. The same holds true for the cup image as shown below.

It is important that the edges of your images are completely sharp. Sharp edges facilitates easy cropping.

I hope you found this helpful

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture one:

There is some noise, but my guess is that the picture misses sharpness on the blossom's centre and that is not possible to correct:

As Mat Hayward once stated: Flower pictures need to have a wow-factor to be accepted because of the really overwhelming numbers of pictures that are in the database. And they need to be perfect.

I just played a little bit around to get this:

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jacquelin says, images 2,3 and 6 are too similar. Two of them would have been refused on this ground, if they would have been perfect. And I think that light on the cherry to counter the light from the sky would have been good.

I also would like to have the cherry crisp sharp, which is not exactly the case.

You also need to correct the chromatic aberration:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fourth image:

Adding sharpness and clarity/texture could make this picture acceptable, even that I would prefer more depth, kind of the same critics as jacquelingphoto2017​.

fifth image:

I disagree with Jacquelin that all fruits need to be crisp sharp, but at least some of them. I do not see the exect focus point, but it seams to be somewhere in the region of the single blueberry which is not enough.

The picture is great and nicely arranged, but you need to use a tripod, less ISO, may be some very soft flash light or a reflector and off you go. You should close your lens more (in general). Please note that the sharpest you can get will be around f8. That will also improve your depth...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pictures 4 and 5 have white balance problems - actually hard to fix, as well as exposure, so I would take these again. Think a lot about your lighting.

It is best to take the pictures in raw - did you do this?

I agree with the other comments so nothing else to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines