• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I had a photo rejected for technical issues

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, community.  I just posted my first photo and it was rejected.  I took it with an action cam while snorkeling.  The jpg came in at a little more than 4MB.  I tried curve adjustments to boost contrast and adjust the color balance.   I would like to find out what I should do differently in the future.  I am attaching the photo.  Thanks in advance for any criticism 🙂

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

It's a beautiful picture, but open it in Photoshop and view at 100%. Not so sharp. The camera you used and the conditions make it extremely difficult, perhaps impossible, to get technically perfect, sharp, shots. Adobe's customers do NOT make allowances for nature shots that are difficult, rare or impossible, the customers just ask for their money back if it isn't "perfect" and so Adobe don't accept the...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a beautiful picture, but open it in Photoshop and view at 100%. Not so sharp. The camera you used and the conditions make it extremely difficult, perhaps impossible, to get technically perfect, sharp, shots. Adobe's customers do NOT make allowances for nature shots that are difficult, rare or impossible, the customers just ask for their money back if it isn't "perfect" and so Adobe don't accept the...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand about the sharpness.  It gives me an excuse to upgrade my equipment, lol.  Thanks for taking the time to review my photo, and for being so kind while doing it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great picture btw but for stocks it needs to be perfect.

I'm missing some contrast, also some focus. And there is chromatic aberration. The later is a real reason for upgrading the equipment, but you still need to provide near to perfect pictures. Good luck.

BTW: a similiar "bad" picture did win a first price in a contest, where the jury obviously was not technical quality oriented. It's a nice picture.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines