• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I submit a photo that got rejected, can I go in and adjust sharpness and reduce noise and resubmit the same photo?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe Stock as well as new to attempting to sell my photography. Several of my photos have been rejected due to excessive noise. I did my research and lowered the ISO setting on my camera so hopefully I won't have this problem in the future. What my question is is can I go in and resubmit the rejected photos after I've done some very slight post production(i.e. noise reduction and sharpening)?

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge to a Stock forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Hy

After editing your rejected photos, you may resubmit them.

Stock Contributor User guide > Review process > Reasons for content rejection > Overview

"...If you receive a rejection, use it as an opportunity to carefully review your file and the reason for rejection and decide if it is worth fixing to submit again. Make sure that your changes are tangible, and address the reasons the file was rejected, before you resubmit. ..."

Best regards,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy

After editing your rejected photos, you may resubmit them.

Stock Contributor User guide > Review process > Reasons for content rejection > Overview

"...If you receive a rejection, use it as an opportunity to carefully review your file and the reason for rejection and decide if it is worth fixing to submit again. Make sure that your changes are tangible, and address the reasons the file was rejected, before you resubmit. ..."

Best regards,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can do this. If you want further advice or opinion on your photos, you can post them here in the contributor critque forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no problem of resubmitting after having done the necessary. I've done that multiple times, even on the same picture, when my edits were not what was expected.

However, by editing your picture you should always

a) work on an original picture, not on generations of JPEG copies.

b) avoid of overdoing your corrections like overdoing noise reduction, overdoing sharpening etc. Especially noise and sharpness are difficult to deal with if they are wrong.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would strongly advise you make re-submitting corrected rejected content the exception to your flow and not a general rule. If there is something very obvious and tangible you can correct such as removing a trademarked logo after an IP rejection that's fine.

Excessive resubmissions can be perceived as spam by the moderation team and may result in your account being blocked.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest that if you want do stock photography you select more then one vendor. Different vendors have different criteria. Pictures refused here for "AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE" sell on other platforms.

What is obvious: Trademarks and IP are easiest to rework. Too much noise, blurred images etc are rarely worth to rework.

My most stupid refusal was a picture with a french text on. The refusal read something like non-English writing in the picture. The text was "POSTE DE SECOURS". It wasn't with Adobe and I didn't resubmit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines