Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image declined do to technical reasons

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I really hate when I receive the message "declined do to unknown reasons" with no real explanation, but maybe you can help me in this endevour.

What do you think is wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/te2gsjbggglitqs/HowTo.Upload.ToAdobe.jpg?dl=0

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ArakelTheDragon , there are severl issues but mainly the wall is not horizontal, the photo is not properly in focus and the highlights are overexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ArakelTheDragon Can you look at the reason given on your Dashboard in the Uploaded Files > Not Accepted tab? On the right side of your screen there is a panel with a specific reason that looks like this. I've never seen "unknown reasons" as a response. Where or how did you see that message?

JainLemos_0-1626713507665.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

it just says technical issues. How to fix these problems? I did not knew perfection is sought in today's pictgures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfection is key! 

Please attach and/or copy paste your pictures here, as using external links like dropbox should be avoided.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock seeks professional and perfect images for their professional customers; straight-out-of-camera unedited snapshots are rarely going to meet that criteria.   

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody wants a 'perfect' picture, hence all the different filters on Instagram - to make everything - including people - look 'perfect'.

Perfection in pictures is fit for purchase! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think your corrections solved the problem, you may try resubmitting. We can't tell if it passes as that or not. We are contributors like you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge_fixed.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that it won't pass because of soft focus (quite difficult to correct).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the correction exactly of soft focus? Is it hard focus? Please the other image in the attachements also, maybe its ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soft focus: the picture is out of focus. The counter mesure would be to sharpen. That is only possible to up a certain point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, is there a way to do it in Python to a good enough levle? There are OpenCV libraries that can do a similar function, gaus, dilate and others are also possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sory, but Python is a programming language, it is not an aim here to do programming. You can use any image processing program you want, but as we are here with Adobe, I would recommend Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom (Cloud or Classic) or Photoshop Elements. But as I said, use any program you want. 

BTW: Do you your word processing in Python too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my comment: an image processor allowing you to adapt the parameters interactively and possibly in a non-destructive manner should be used: Lightroom or Lightroom Classic, Photoshop or Photoshop Elements for example. There are also third-party programs, but as we are here on an Adobe sponsored site, you will need to make your research for those on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, some of the leaves are in bearable focus. They can still be corrected in the program. But the flowers being the main subject are out of focus at all. They cannot be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ArakelTheDragon,

Stock photography starts with good equipment and subject, proper framing & lighting, depth-of-field and post editing with graphics software.  If you're submitting images to Adobe Stock, it's assumed you already know these concepts.  If not, consider taking some photography courses and join a photography club in your area.

In the meantime, please review these links and look at what other Adobe Stock contributors are doing in your keyword category.   

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the focus on this one is good? What do you think, which element do I need to improove? The 50mp camera is junk, I wish I hadn't broken my device with the 20mp camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture has noise, is out of focus (!) and is missing contrast. The out of focus problem is to be solved during the photographing! Noise is a parameter influenced basically by ISO settings if you did not overprocess at a later stage. Contrast can be influenced by post-processing, but a correctly taken picture normally does not big adjustments in contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I am getting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one is focussed (it could still be thrown out because flower motives need to be perfect), but it's missing contrast and still has a lot of noise.

Examine your pictures at 100% and 200%. You have now many tips on what you need to look for, I suppose you can make your assessments yourself by now. If you submit a picture that gets refused and where you cannot, by examining the picture at 100% and 200% explain what went wrong, you may post again in a new thread here.

Photography is per se dependent on light. However, the smaller the light-sensitive elements of the sensor are, the less light they receive. Mobile phone cameras have tiny sensors, and the loss of quality due to ever smaller sensors cannot be compensated for by better technology. That is why the software has tricks at its disposal that make the image look good when displayed on a mobile phone screen. But if you want to use the image to create an advertising pillar picture, it is unusable and therefore, of course, it is also unusable for Stock.

A phone with a 40-Mpx-sensor is borderline. Even full-grown cameras have limits here that are very difficult to overcome, especially when taking pictures where the focus point has to be set very precisely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines