• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image doesn't have aesthetic or commercial appeal WE are looking for?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3028 Sea Gull in profile adobe forum.JPGIf someone will explain why Adobe deems this image to be unsellable. If someone was doing a article on Black headed gulls in North America wouldn't this example be sufficient? Since I am a novice in photography and stock I can't see how not allowing the image helps Adobe . Constructive criticism please.I submitted a file which was rejected for this reason by Adobe; File ID 193623152 ,however I resubmitted it because the image was awesome and it was accepted and is my top seller Adobe File ID 195943573. If i would have accepted the rejection and not resubmitted then Adobe would not have made money. If a image is technically correct it should be accepted .

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Hi,

For the most part, you are correct this is most likely a wonderful photo. It might sell for Adobe but here is the thing, they might have two or three million so like it they do not need another. Be happy with the one you sold - it was good enough and unique enough to sell. Best regards. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the most part, you are correct this is most likely a wonderful photo. It might sell for Adobe but here is the thing, they might have two or three million so like it they do not need another. Be happy with the one you sold - it was good enough and unique enough to sell. Best regards. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think there are several reasons why the picture was not accepted and, despite possible attempts at improvement, would not be accepted in the future either. In both technical and pictorial terms. From the technical side, the image is not sharp in any area, the image detail is not well chosen because the feet of the bird are cut off here, and the square image format is also not given here for a wide use of the image for customers.

Check the image sharpness in the 100% view, observe the rule of thirds and consider when designing the image that there is a meaningful free space for text, if this is intended.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback. I can see your points now they are brought to my attention. I made a mistake in the title    This image was rejected due to "Artifacts Problem" and therefore your points are exactly what I needed. Once again thank you for your constructive criticism  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines