• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image orientation

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with images that were shot in portrait mode showing up in landscape mode in my uploads.  Therefore, when I submit them, they are being declined for technical errors.  This has just been happening with images uploaded since last week.  Has anyone else seen this issue and is there any advice on how to deal with it?  Thanks!!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

It seems that I have figured it out.  In my case, submitting the images on the site (drag and drop) uploads them in the correct orientation.  Somehow, in FTP, they were all coming out landscape regardless of the true orientation.  Very weird and I just won't use FTP for Adobe Stock again..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is likely due to a setting in your camera.

To fix for stock, open the file in a photo editing software program such as Photoshop. Make sure the file is in the proper orientation then save it as a new file.

Upload the new file and it should be in the same orientation you saved it in.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images from the same camera on the same SD card have shown up appropriately.  Could it he an FTP issue?  The "bad" batch was uploaded using FileZilla while the others were just uploaded on the site..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but you could may be post one of those pictures. Normally there is an orientation information stored in the exif. If that is wrong, you need to check the program you use to develop or edit your pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that I have figured it out.  In my case, submitting the images on the site (drag and drop) uploads them in the correct orientation.  Somehow, in FTP, they were all coming out landscape regardless of the true orientation.  Very weird and I just won't use FTP for Adobe Stock again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FileZilla (FTP in general) does not modify your image... There need to be still something different.

(Or does it? Nowadays you are sure of nothing...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally get that, as I use FTP all the time in my day job.  Just one of those things, I guess.  I will just use the drag and drop from now on and not worry.  Thanks for the help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, usually after I use the crop tool in RAW.  Rotating the RAW image never works.  I have to save as a JPG and upload as dragging the RAW file into the upload section does not work.

Slightly connected, why isn't there a "Publish" button in Bridge, or a keyboard shortcut to Publish?  Dragging can be very haphazard on a touchpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stock does not allow for anything else then JPEG images to upload. No RAW files. When I rotate images and upload them, it works.

What program are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines