Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image quality

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I am a relatively new photographer and have just recently started submitting photos on to adobe stock in hopes of selling them. A few of my photos were accepted but more were rejected than accepted. The photos that were rejected were all rejected for the same reason: "Image Quality." I looked a bit more into this to see what it meant but I would appreciate any feedback on what you all think about my photos and what more specifically caused them to be rejected.Closing Wave.jpg

Empty Streets.jpg

Dark Vs Light.jpg

Flowers in the Sun.jpg

Light Breaking the Darkness.jpg

Smooth Wave.jpg

The Lights of Nashville.jpg

The Sea the City the Sky.jpg

The Sky.jpg

Luxury.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The review process is subjective as content is reviewed by human eyes. My personal opinion is that these images are far too heavily processed. You will likely find better success submitting the clean, color, sharp version of the file so designers buying your stock content can add their own post processing special effects to match their project exactly. Adding this much in post severely limits your potential customer base. Watch out for intellectual property violations too. The car shot has logos on the window of the store and I can pretty much guarantee the car is trademarked and cannot be used for commercial licensing. 

Better luck next time,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to MatHayward  's response: The canu picture would also need probably a model release.

The car image would probably also refused on IP reasons because of the logos and may be also because the iconic car design...

Think of stock about craft not that much art, even that craft and art go very often together. Customers in stock images are looking for pictures that are clean and sharp. All other "effects" will be done by the customer, when he neds the images having a specific look.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines