Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image rejected for artifacts problem?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC09525.jpg

This image I uploaded was rejected for "artifacts problem", which is described as being caused by "low light, bad camera settings, strong compression or excessive post-production." Looking at this image, I don't really see any of these issues. There is almost no noise or compression, the exposure seems fine, and the post-processing I did on the image was the fairly basic adjustments that you do to make a raw image pop.

If anyone could give me some feedback as to why it was rejected, I would appreciate it.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

I would suggest looking at the sky (maybe also the lake) and zoom in close - 100%. There might be some noise issues. Even if this was taken at ISO 100, there still can be some noise issues. So, I would suggest do some more noise reduction, if not done already and resubmit. See what happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a hot spot - high white contrast that could be muted down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colors are rather dull - maybe one of the reasons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest looking at the sky (maybe also the lake) and zoom in close - 100%. There might be some noise issues. Even if this was taken at ISO 100, there still can be some noise issues. So, I would suggest do some more noise reduction, if not done already and resubmit. See what happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines