• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Rejected for Technical Issues? Problem with textures?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted some photos of textures and they were all rejected for technical issues. I'm not really sure why? Textures are a great resource and I assumed would do well on the site. Maybe the image was too small but I wish they would just say that instead of give me a vague "technical issues" response. Does anyone know why these photos are rejected? Maybe I could just sell on another site? 

The image is 3024 x 4032 pixels jpeg
72 dpi
woodenshinglesA_002.JPG

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

I agree with both @J E L and @RALPH_L  that the corners are out of focus. You also have a modestly high noise level.

Abambo_0-1625572073491.png

The upper corners are also overexposed. Check your pictures at 100% and 200% for artefacts, focus and noise.

You are free to sell on different platforms, although the image is accepted or not.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@noctmara It looks to me that in the upper right corner area, the photo is out of focus and overexposed so the details are blown out. The "vague" technical reason for rejection needs to encompass several things but these are basic aspects of professional photography and a technical rejection likely falls into one or more of these categories: focus, lighting, noise, exposure, composition, processing mistakes, and depth of field. It would be impossible for the editors to respond to every image submitted with detailed information considering the extreme volume of people uploading images and too many contributors are not trained as photographers to know and understand these things ahead of time. The idea of textures is great, and personally I like old wood, but there are already hundreds of images like this so yours has to be exceptional to take yet another one. The file size seems acceptable. Absolutely, there is nothing stopping you from contributing elsewhere if they will take your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should do some cropping to remove the corners that are unsharp. This will also remove the top row which is very disturbing. You should then sharpen the details. Also, I think 72dpi is way to little. If used in photo composition or print you should offer 300dpi or more.

woodenshinglesA_002-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RALPH_L the dpi figure is irrelevant in a pixel image. It's only relevant in a print environment, at a given size in cm or inches.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with both @J E L and @RALPH_L  that the corners are out of focus. You also have a modestly high noise level.

Abambo_0-1625572073491.png

The upper corners are also overexposed. Check your pictures at 100% and 200% for artefacts, focus and noise.

You are free to sell on different platforms, although the image is accepted or not.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines