• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image rejection for being underexposed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys I am posting here to get a better understanding on photo selections. I understand about certain aesthetic and overall appeal of images in general. My question lies in how technically this image could be "under" exposed when it is a long expo shot. To keep the blacks in the sky true without washing out everything it must be dark to have contrast with the light trails. Anyone have any input for this photo on regards to its exposure?  20180704-BB0A2541.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

The photo is lacking outlines. There is this dark black area on top of the building and to the right of it. The outline of the tall building can be seen, but looking dull. It is mostly dark black in this photo. So I'd say yes, it is underexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributor Critique​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo is lacking outlines. There is this dark black area on top of the building and to the right of it. The outline of the tall building can be seen, but looking dull. It is mostly dark black in this photo. So I'd say yes, it is underexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I greatly appreciate your input for this photo. I have further corrected the image to lighten the dark areas up quite a bit. It was a bit dark from the camera. My biggest problem is my eye likes dark, regardless of curb appeal. Until I'm recognized for that niche I guess I cant pull it off. Slowly conforming to the "general" photo aesthetic slowly but surly. Than you again for your opinion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you crop the lower part, the picture may be acceptable.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you could lighten the shadow areas a bit and just balance the overall look. It only needs a small adjustment I think. However, I do wonder about the light trails. I'm not sure if it is helpful in this photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines