Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imagery Technical Issues

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have repeatedly tried to upload imagery (framed into a template) that is absolutely gorgeous for printing to create photo front greeting cards.  Although one image was accepted to stock last week repeated attempts including fixes to size/and out of the camera image size seems that I am still doing something wrong.  (Or the imagery may be discounted artistically perhaps).  I am at a loss now and just waiting to have the final two images rejected.

It simply could be that Adobe does not sell this type of stock and that's fine but if there is something I am missing it would be beneficial to know.

Attaching link for listed image and rejected images

On some of the imagery I reduced the border around the photo portion to barely a 1 pixel and light grey.  On various imagery I also put a very faint border (for delineation) around the outside edges of the imagery to give some sense of the border as well.  Perhaps this is simply not the kind of work Adobe is looking for?

Also, other imagery I have had rejected has been artistic effects, but again these were uploaded under Illustrative rather than Photos.  Perhaps that is the confusion?

Moon Over the Trees:  The Moon Over the Trees - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Sto...

BIRD-TWO-CARD-FRONT.jpg

[Moved from the Forum Comments forum (which is for issues with these forums themselves) and into an Adobe Stock Contributors forum - moderator]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Well, I think you do not understand stock and how it works. Stock is about great pictures (like your bird) and about templates (like your "card" without the bird), but not for the combined item.

So submit your templates (add your text here...) and submit your pictures...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think you do not understand stock and how it works. Stock is about great pictures (like your bird) and about templates (like your "card" without the bird), but not for the combined item.

So submit your templates (add your text here...) and submit your pictures...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this explanation as I did not understand that they are best single entities rather than combined (Photo and template ready to print).

This does help but still unsure why the Moon Over the Trees made it.  But yes, I will stop submitting the finished artwork ready for print as I understand now that it is not illustrative work required for Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the refusal reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabrielle,

First I must say your photo is gorgeous. I love it. However there is one problem.

The entire bird is not in focus. The tail is way out of focus. You need to pay attention to your depth of field - your camera's "f" adjustment, and how close you are to the subject. For more information on the requirements, and why images are rejected go through that of the following links.

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle (pay special attention to the Adobe Stock Contributor Guide)

Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock

Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success |

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

For some rejections such as grains/noise, and focus you can inspect your images at 100 to 200% magnification. You also need to keep in mind that customers like flexibility, hence it's better not adding borders or special effect to you images. The only postprocessing accepted are corrections to remove errors hence enhance images quality.

I hope you found this helpful

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JG for the explanation and certainly with such a closeup the bird feather at times would be blurry.  Yes most definitely I could adjust the f stop but the photography 'rules' as such are something I prefer to not to adhere to as they are limiting and as I am not shooting with the intention of others needs but rather my own photographic/artistic interpretation I am happy for the imagery as I achieve it

Creatively I will continue to pursue these avenues but I may not be able to find a suitable match; as although I could enjoy sharing some of the 'great bird images/nature', it's just not really rewarding. 

I will definitely read through your above links and thank you for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-Compliant Image.  But I would imagine this could be referring to the keywords as well.  But I wouldn't know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabrielle,

I am at a lost. Your caption said Technical Issue. I assume the bird was rejected for technical issue. Is it that it was submitted multiple times? In most cases, if not all, when you get technical issue rejection it is because you without making the necessary correction, reupload an image that was previously rejected. Non-Compliant is easy to identify. It has to be something you were notified about that you do not comply with.

If you are selling your work, the customer's needs should be foremost in your mind. Let's say a customer wants to crop you bird and place it on a different background, how easy do you think it would be for the tail of that bird to be cropped?

You need to bear in mind that most people who buy stock photos do so because they are artists themselves. They are not looking for a nice image for framing, but to customize a project they're working on. Therefore there are definitely some rules you will have to follow for quality, and flexibility. The rest is left up to you. Following these rules do not affect creativity in any way.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of a feeling: I do not think that you would submit non-compliant keywords. But the border will trigger a non compliant refusal, as well as watermarks and other “additions” that people use to ad their mark to pictures.

The text may be a reason for that. I would submit such designs as an Illustrator file, with editable text.

Now for the image that passed: people are always wondering why some pictures pass and others do not. The reason seams to me to be simple: there are humans moderating and each one has a threshold where acceptance and refusal flipp. The same when I’m looking at my pictures, flipping through hundreds of takes. First I select the ones that get worked on. The others will never been shown. That must go fast, so the decision is sometimes erratic on small details. Sometimes, I will go back and change my mind, but that will not happen on stock.

So to be clear, an image that got a refusal my get a pass from a different moderator and vice versa. If you have a picture in your portfolio and you decide to modify the picture slightly, it may well be that the new moderator refuses what a different one had accepted on.

Adding to this: your pictures are great. I think yours are a good addition to Adobe stock.

For photographers, there is only the minimal requirement of 4 Mp that is important. Except if you are doing big panoramic pictures, the current maximum size still is not important for most of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for such thoughtful feedback and sharing ideas about the entire process.  Absolutely I agree with the process and how these things develop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG,

The little bird was only submitted the single time.  The refusal was for non-compliant image.  My apologies for not giving a better query in the initial post.  Essentially yes I am completely new to creating imagery for Adobe Stock and did have some confusion about the minimum size requirements.  Yes, I can understand that creators wish to edit their own imagery, etc.  I believe I understand now that I was trying to submit 'ready to print' artworks but I have a better take on it now that Adobe Stock is for the standalone templates or yes as close to raw imagery as possible.

And yes of course someone might wish to crop the little birdie, and naturally they would do that with the original image.  I may explore other avenues of submission to Adobe Stock in addition to the appropriate images that are accepted criteria.  I very much appreciate you taking the time to answer and share your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an observation, the tail being out of focus is not a problem for this imagery, and actually focuses your attention on the bird itself. Your chosen depth of field I find no fault with, your colour temp is fine, the composition is fine - great! The thing to remember is to submit WITHOUT borders - even 1 pixel, and not to add artistic filters, just enhancement of the photo -exposure, shadows, highlights, tone, colour temp etc.

As for your other image - 'Moon over the trees' - don't know!! It was accepted- Great! Just bear in mind it can be rejected for this reason!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ricky for adding your positive and so very helpful feedback!  And yes the confirmation and info re "even 1 pixel" makes complete sense and very likely is the basic reason what I was doing wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not submit your images with a border added. This should always result in a non-compliance rejection. If an image slipped through the moderation process with a border it was very likely a mistake by the moderation team.

Best regards,

-Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines