Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inspired by a photo

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a french painter

I am currently working on a serie of women. Do I have permission to use photos from Adobe Stock as a working basis ?

For exemple the painting in progress (attached) and the photo.

Thanks

pin-up-4-mars-2 copy.gif pin up shoking copy.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

You must purchase a license to use the image this way. If you are selling the painting or any other product featuring an Adobe Stock image in which the primary value is the image then you must purchase an Extended license.

Details on our license agreement options can be found here: License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jpaulq

The photos on Adobe are copywrite. You need to purchase the licenses to legally use them as a working basis in as much as we need legal permit to uses the photos of models for stock.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a question that enters very deep in copyright law.

In general, it may be allowed to get inspired by different pictures, even pictures that you find elsewhere, but as soon as you could say that you made a copy of the picture, I would be very careful.

Looking at above picture, I would say: yes you need a license and as your work is for sale, I would even say you would need an extended license.

But, why not asking people in your environment for being "model" for your paintings?

(Well, I do not want to pull you away from buying stock images...)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must purchase a license to use the image this way. If you are selling the painting or any other product featuring an Adobe Stock image in which the primary value is the image then you must purchase an Extended license.

Details on our license agreement options can be found here: License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines