Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intellectual property for illustrations

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm a bit puzzled to have two vector doodles rejected for "intellectual property". It has to be a misunderstanding but I would like to make sure what it is exactly as I have many other such little doodles in my drawing pads and I don't want to waste too much of either my time or the reviewer's time.

• I'm wondering if an authorization is needed for all drawings?
• Else - I don't think that it can be the French flag as there are hundreds of country flags everywhere?

• Other possibility (thinking it over that is the most likely) - I've titled it "Monsieur le Maire - Madame le Maire" (blue part of the scarf above)- which is the official title of any Mayor in France - that's what it depicts - there are over 36,000 Mayors and more than 100,000 Deputy-Mayors in France so it's very general - and that's the keyword people will search, I know for sure as I have been Deputy Mayor for some years and often needed such illustrations for city bulletins, which are sorely missing and that's why I drew these. I suspect that the reviewer misunderstood "Monsieur le Maire - Madame le Maire" for a name, which it certainly isn't. How can I go about it? Should I write something in an authorization?

The other one is titled "Monsieur le Député - Madame la Députée" (red part of the scarf above), it shows a Member of the French Parliament.

I do not wish to change those titles as it would change the meaning of the picture as that's exactly how those people are called (official title).

Thanks for any ideas!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?