• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intellectual Property Rejection

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the Intellectual Property rules. At least, I think I do. I'm not sure if Adobe does and would like some help. This photo was rejected for IP reasons:

P3080238-Edit.jpg

I was careful not to include the hood ornament which would identify the manufacturer. There's no "name" anywhere. Yet it was rejected--along with about 60 others which are very similar.

I took a bunch of shots of the right and left front of these classic cars, thinking it would make a good collection. About 11 have made it through. In some situations, the left side makes it through, but the right doesn't or vice versa. For example:

Rejected:

P3080247-Edit.jpg

Accepted:

Classic Car Collection - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stoc...

This similar photo of mine made it through: Classic Car Collection - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stoc...

Someone else is selling this photo: Lincoln Mark II - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stock which includes manufacturer badging still on the car and keywords. This one would appear to be far more infringing than ANY of my shots.

I'm frankly befuddled. Any help would be appreciated. Do I resubmit and hope the next person to review them follows the rules? Is there any way to appeal?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another manufacturer badge at the bottom of the frontlight (green car)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a barely legible Ford there. Of course, it's on the left-side light as well, and that got through. And there's NOTHING on the red car at the top.

Anyone from Adobe care to weigh in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matthewh67333196  wrote

There appears to be a barely legible Ford there. Of course, it's on the left-side light as well, and that got through. And there's NOTHING on the red car at the top.

The red car is not full size, so it is difficult to judge if there is a logo on the car either in the reflection or on it's own. But the green one clearly shows a logo and the second picture of that series should also have been refused (and not the other way around).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi matthew

Your red car has some reflections including the back of another car, towards the bottom right of the headlamp. That might be the reason for IP rejection. There are however other issues with this image. On inspecting it I find that it has a lot of artifacts, and the refection of a man. You need to zoom your image to between 100 and 200%, inspect it properly, correct the issues as mentioned then try re-uploading.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is gray area. If I were the moderator I would have rejected these also. Even if there is no IP with the cars specfically, these appear to be at a museum or a car show. The owners of the cars that did the restoration would very likely recognize their auto. Our moderators can't tell if these are one of a kind vehicles, etc. They need to make judgement calls based on the information they have. With issues of intellectual property we will always err on the side of caution to be safe.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines