• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IP rejection for photo?

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why this was rejected. I took out the bag tag info and the mfr name from the sandwich bag box. Sandwich bag is not a tradmark. I do not see anything else.

Any help would be appreciated.

[Moderator moved the thread to the brand new stock contributor forum]

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

It is not just about trademarks but any recognisable product. This restriction is very strict, and many products are recognisable from their shape or unusual features. For example, most car pictures cannot be used at all. 

Ask yourself: if I designed or made this product, would I recognise it? The owner of any creation has the right to STOP or anyone else reproducing it in any way, and especially to stop you making money from it.

- For the bag - the picture on it is unusual and distinctive. Quit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Namethos,

There is what appears to be a trademarks or something of the sort beside what seems to be metal handles. In addition I believe the color scheme on the sandwich bag box is trademark. In other words, if you are familiar with the product brand, could you associate the color scheme with a particular brand if there was no brand name? If yes, you need PR.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not just about trademarks but any recognisable product. This restriction is very strict, and many products are recognisable from their shape or unusual features. For example, most car pictures cannot be used at all. 

Ask yourself: if I designed or made this product, would I recognise it? The owner of any creation has the right to STOP or anyone else reproducing it in any way, and especially to stop you making money from it.

- For the bag - the picture on it is unusual and distinctive. Quite apart from the bag's owner, it includes artwork on the bag, which will also belong to a creator. This could never pass without multiple IP releases.

- For the sandwich bag box - this box design has distinctive colours and typography. If I made the product, I would know it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be considered as a logo:

Abambo_0-1599128865995.png

Also the Sandwich-bags-box has quite a recognizable design which is part of the trademark.

But you could also get a refusal on the quality of your work, because the editing is quite visible and introduced some artefacts.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a constructive criticism. Being new to stock I wonder why certain photos get rejected. I received three great responses that in total fully answered my question. I received an email asking me to pick one as the best answer. Clicking on the link takes me a page that did not allow me to select any of them. In red is a note from the moderator that my question and response is being moved to the " brand new contributor forum". That note is not a hot link to the site. This Is a forum that I cannot find any place even with google.

i wish there was a link on the contributor site that address issues that are unique to new contributors. I thought I cleaned up the ip issues but these responses shed additional light on the ip issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be logged in in order to mark one or more questions as correct. The moderator’s message is in red so it can be easy distinguished from your original message. I’m sorry if that confuses you, but it’s my way to mark edits in user’s posts.

The stock contributor forum is where you can ask all your questions about Adobe stock contribution. However, it’s quite new, so many contributors still post in the stock forum. Formerly stock and stock contributors where one forum and only to be distinguish by tags which was suboptimal.

Abambo
via mobile phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adambo

Thanks for the reply.
I was logged into stock.contributor and there was no place to indicate the best response. With a previous question there was a provision to indicate best response. This and other emails did not have one.

On the stock contributor site there is no link for newbies to get to the forum that you mentioned in red. I do understand the significance of the red text.  I was suggesting that the red text be made into a hot link to take us to that new site. Where did you move this post?

At the bottom of the page of stock contributor site there is a link - learn and support.  This link takes you to the screen shot attached. There is no link to a forum.

There is an icon labeled ST Adobe stock contributor. It is not clickable.I have read the information on this page(s).  In the community section of this page there are two links.  One is label Adobe Stock Contributor Forum and the other a critique submission link. 
Both links take you the Adobe stock ST  page not a contributor forum. I started this process at the ST page. It is now an infinity loop.

I and presumably a lot of other users have no expectation of making much or anything on stock photography. It is a hobby and we learn by having photos rejected. Adobe has every right to reject any photo for any reason. I accept that. 
What we are looking for is where is the line for rejection. I read the info about rejection and thought I complied.  If we had a site that would have all the responses and photos discussing photos that are rejected in one place we could use that body of knowledge before submitting our work. 

This was not a rant on you but a rather meant as a constructive criticism. 

Thanks again for your efforts.
RichScreen Shot 2020-09-08 at 9.16.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To mark an answer correct on your thread you need to go to the thread and choose the answer you think that is correct:

Abambo_0-1599580269053.png

You can't do it via mail.

As Adobe has a multitude of products there are a lot of fora in general one for each product.

Stock contributors post here:

Abambo_1-1599580556022.png

And you are answering here so I suppose you are answering by mail. But you went to the Stock forum to initiate your question. The Stock forum is for stock customers, this one for contributors.

The links on the page you indicated point still to the wrong forum. I will report that!

There are so many ways to get your picture rejected, it will be quite impossible to cover all cases.

Here is some reading for you:

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

If you have a refused picture and you do not understand why, you post it here and other contributors will have a look at it. Most refusals are obvious, sometimes there are multiple reasons, sometimes it's hard to guess what the stock moderator saw.

And btw: there are quite people doing a living from stock...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines