• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 8+ User with questions on artifacts/exposure problems on uploaded images

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you very much for looking at my question.

I am an iPhone 8+ user who is having said problems mentioned above. How do I fix this on my iPhone to have more accepted uploads? Is it live photo causing the problem? Should I be using a different camera app? Better settings within that app? I am married to a flight attendant and am able to get some great pictures (on an iPhone) but am having uploading issues where most are not accepted but some are. So, its got me confused.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Hi Nathan, It's good to hear from you. As long as you are familiar with all the photographic features of your phone camera, it is ok. From what I read from your post, I am made to understand that you have not been doing any post processing of your images. If that is so, you must have been taking real nice photos with your phone camera that will have Adobe accepting some. Adobe is aware that unprocessed photos many times need corrections due to excessive noise/grain, artifacts, and other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also says Grain/Noise problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also say. I am opening the stock camera app and shooting. Should I be doing something differently? A different app? Different settings? Thank you for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am sorry about your camera difficulties. However, Adobe does require excellent photos shot with high-quality equipment. On a rare occasion, Adobe might accept something shot on a phone camera. You did not send us a picture of the stock contribution you sent for approval so we can not comment further. If you would care to read the Adobe Guidelines for beginners please look here. Best Regards.

JH 

You can find information similar to what you have requested at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/rejection-reasons.html

Reasons for content rejection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the Camera + app. It allows capture in RAW and TIFF. Both retain much more detail. I then process them in Lightroom. Under good lighting conditions the results are excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan, It's good to hear from you. As long as you are familiar with all the photographic features of your phone camera, it is ok. From what I read from your post, I am made to understand that you have not been doing any post processing of your images. If that is so, you must have been taking real nice photos with your phone camera that will have Adobe accepting some. Adobe is aware that unprocessed photos many times need corrections due to excessive noise/grain, artifacts, and other issues. For this reason, postprocessing of images is accepted. This might be just what you need to do with your images to have more accepted.

At magnification 100% and over, you are able to identify artifacts, noise and grains. You can use a photo editor such as Photoshop CC to reduce noise, which is more noticeable in darker areas, grains which is more noticeable in smother areas, color abrasion and fringes which is noticeable in clearer areas and around edges respectively. You will find the information at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle very useful if you tap on all the links and read all the relevant documents. "Adobe Stock Contributor Guide" is especially important to read in details. Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success | will also give you some tips on how you can improve your images.

I hope you find this helpful

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nathan,

Well, firstly for uploading to stock you should shoot in raw - DNG format - and not JPEG - although from what I have just been reading the iPhone 8 plus uses the new HEIF format! But Adobe wants JPEG format, so you're compressing the photo twice, depending on what option you choose to save the image, so, artifacts problems will probably happen.

Read this link about the iPhone 8 Plus:

https://petapixel.com/2017/09/28/close-look-quality-iphone-8-plus-raw-photos/

Really to get better quality photos you have to shoot in raw - DNG.

For this the Lightroom Mobile App would be good, but you have to subscribe to Lightroom CC. If you haven't done this then have a read about it.

Adobe.com and look at Lightroom CC and Lightroom Mobile.

Despite what people may say, I think smartphones cannot replace DSLRs yet!

Although for general pictures of your holiday, to share on Facebook/Instagram - it is fine - but I don't know about Stock photography - depends on how you take your photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines