• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is a distorted profile of a person identifiable?

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image was rejected pending a model release. I submitted this slightly PS distorted profile of a face with a hat and thought he is not identifiable. 

I am new at this and really liked the shot but not sure how i can make this acceptable? 

By muting some additional facial features would that be acceptable? 

I distorted the drink cup logo, removed the logos from the chair and bag and EVEN covered his plumbers butt.

The hat covers the hairline so you do not see that recognition pattern.

I do not shoot facial shots because of model releases.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

No, it will not pass.The moderator does not look if the person does recognize himself but only if there is a face. And in addition there may be other items making it recognizable, like the colourfull mug or the bag.

In addition the picture will be refused for technical issues as the image is quite wased out. In addition your photoshop art is bad, as you see it's photoshopped. And you've forgotten the had with the Donald Trump logos on. Remember: No logos...even if it's the presidents one...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Identifiable" is a broad term. This isn't like surveillance cameras doing face recognition. A rear view can be totally identifiable. Could the model, or ANYONE ELSE, say "I know who that is"? If I was that fisherman, I would know that stretch of river. I'd know that tree, and the time of day that it's worth fishing under it. I would know my fishing kit. I would probably remember the day and the catch. Heck, yes, identifiable. If this picture was used in a national advertising campaign for an embarrassing product, that fisherman could sue you, Adobe and the company doing the advertising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it will not pass.The moderator does not look if the person does recognize himself but only if there is a face. And in addition there may be other items making it recognizable, like the colourfull mug or the bag.

In addition the picture will be refused for technical issues as the image is quite wased out. In addition your photoshop art is bad, as you see it's photoshopped. And you've forgotten the had with the Donald Trump logos on. Remember: No logos...even if it's the presidents one...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines