• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it unethical to....?

People's Champ ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been thinking about starting to contribute assets to Stock for awhile now just to have some potential occasional income.  I mean why not?  I might make some extra money.   I've never gotten around to it though because I am always busy with work.  The thing is that at my job I am downloading images everyday from their Stock account for use in the projects I produce for them.  It's a remote job for which I'm not officially an employee but a contractor.  It occurred to me that i could produce assets for use in the projects I produce for them, upload them to Stock and then download them through their account and use them in my work for them, hence making a little extra money on the side.  Do you think I can be fired for this even if I'm using the assets in their projects?  Is there anyway they could find out?  Has anybody tried this or known anyone who has?

Thanks

~Gutterfish
TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

High Gutterfish

To the best of my knowledge, it is against Adobe's policy to buy back your own images. I'd secure a contract with my employer to supply them with images I produce.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Gutterfish

To the best of my knowledge, it is against Adobe's policy to buy back your own images. I'd secure a contract with my employer to supply them with images I produce.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is correct. It is prohibited to buy your own content.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

The terms of use should be clarified.  What they say is that it's prohibited to purchase your own content to increase sales rank and boost search results.   In my case was neither going to purchase it (my employer was through their account) and also my intention was not to boost my rank or visibility.  The wording should be changed to "It's prohibited to download your own content for any reason"

I'm just sayin'

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchasing your own content for any reason would increase your sales rank so regardless of your intent, the end result is the same. I strongly recommend you do not do this.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not going to.   But my point is that even after after everyone's responses it I was still unsure whether or not it was against policy.

The actual reason I decided not to, even prior to hearing from you, was that I would only be making a few cents for each image I used.

So, with making some extra money being taken off the table, I have no motivation to do it. 

Intentions & unintended results aside though, I would not have been purchasing the content; it's not my money and it's not my account; that's why I was unsure. It's also why I came here to ask.

I do appreciate everyone's time & responses, but everyone's time could have been saved if the policy was clarified at it's source.

Anyway,

Thanks for your time & thoughts on the matter.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone else buy, it‘s not you buying. But except if you have a lot of such assets there will be no considerable gain for you. And it would be unethical to let pay your employer yo for creating stuff and then suggesting the employer should buy via Adobe stocks.

On the other hand, you will make more money selling your work directly to the employer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gutterfish

Actually there is information available that speaks to that subject. Take a look at Account and submission guidelines at Adobe Stock . Also familiarize yourself with the Guidelines at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle . Take special note of the information in the downloadable PDF document, "Adobe Stock Contributor Guide".

Regards,

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jacquelingphoto2017  wrote

Hi Gutterfish

Actually there is information available that speaks to that subject. Take a look at Account and submission guidelines at Adobe Stock . Also familiarize yourself with the Guidelines at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle . Take special note of the information in the downloadable PDF document, "Adobe Stock Contributor Guide".

Regards,

JG

Thanks.  I'll take a look

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want to hide that... You are a contractor. Point you customer to the pictures he would need and he buys them. He could also buy the picture from the next doors guy. If you want to disguise, use a unique screen name.

You are effectively not allowed to download your own images to pimp up your ranking.

I wouldn‘t do that. I see Adobe stock more as a second source of revenue. It is unethical to sell your customer a picture via a stock secrvice that has been created for them and they are paying your time to provide that. But you would make more money to sell them your art (you did not make for them and you wern‘t paid by them to create it) separatly, without interference of Adobe stock.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.  Thanks to both of you for your feedback.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines