• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to set the thumbnail image on a video?

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but through the new contributor site, is there a way to set my thumbnail image of the video?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

No, I'm sorry the feature you have requested is not available at this time.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Video Preview images  

Your video's preview image will be automatically generated from a frame 5 seconds into the video. 

Include your best image at the 5 second mark before transcoding your video. 😉

Video Requirements  - Stock Contributor User Guide

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/video-requirements.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm sorry the feature you have requested is not available at this time.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply, Mat.
The lack of ability to set a thumbnail frame makes doing any kind of sunrise time-lapse video pretty much a futile effort here, since all anyone can see is one of the first frames of the video; a black frame, or something close to it.

I would love to submit this as a feature request. Adobe is the only video stock agency I have heard of that does not support this feature.
Thanks again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to use random frames, not even the first so that the contributor could have some control over what potential customers see.  I would also really like to see this capability added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1
I am doing time lapses and the poster frame / thumbnail selected by Adobe Stock does not represent the asset I want to sell. This feature is available on other stock image platforms (Shutterstock, Pond5, etc.) and impacting the ability to sell my content on Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no custom video thumbnail in 2020? An ETA on when this feature will be added would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been here. Is there any progress on setting a custom thumbnail to vids? Shutterstock has it... 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 

2021 - still not there. This option is really needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example, in my animation, objects are present for the first 5 seconds and they are missing in the last 2 seconds, Adobe chose the last frames from my animation as a thumbnail, and it's just empty white background, but the thumbnail should contain the main objects that should attract the buyer.
I also clicked "Find Similar" under my video and saw hundreds of pages with a white background, these videos are completely different from mine, the topics on the video are different, they are only similar to each other on white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lack of this feature is just insane...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and looks like this feature is still unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This simple must have feature has been asked for since 2016 and hundreds of times.  Why can we STILL not choose which frame of a video to be used as the preview thumbanil image?

I have animations that have been set to a pure white or black frame thumbnail.. No one is going to click on my video when it's just black or white.    Is  Adobe really not listening or just does not care?

EVERY other stock site has this standard feature and has done for years.  Either allow us to choose a frame or simply upload an image please!   sorry for the frustration but it's been so long now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator merged with existing discussion on same topic.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and I have noticed they still have not added this feature... There has to be someone willing to listen.......?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a basic necessity and its non existence is ridiculous. I have loads of black frame thumbnails which are "excellent" for promoting sales. Great stuff Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video Preview images  

Your video's preview image will be automatically generated from a frame 5 seconds into the video. 

Include your best image at the 5 second mark before transcoding your video. 😉

Video Requirements  - Stock Contributor User Guide

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/video-requirements.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work. My preview image is the same as the 11-second frameof my video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your native video again, 5 seconds in from the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines