• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is uploading Government ID safe?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying upload my photos to Adobe Stock as a contributor. However, before submission web portal is asking me to provide valid Government ID for verification. Why do they need ID for verification? Providing ID during payout sounds more reasonable. Is it safe to upload such sensitive content ? I read terms and conditions but nowhere is clear why do they need ID during content submission.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Yes, it is safe. The system is secure and your ID is permanently removed from our system once it has been reviewed.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

An ID is apparently no more required, so I'm locking this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock Contributors​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to prove that you are a) the one you claim to be and b) all images you upload are on sale after approval. If you are not a real person Adobe could be responsible if you "steal" images from someone else. You specifically need to assure that you are the author of the images you upload.

If they would check only at the payout, you would have sold a bunch of pictures before anyone would detect that there is a problem. Your id is as secure as you credit card number or any other sensitive data you provide. You have to trust Adobe that they do all they can to protect your personal data. Depending on your location (Europe for example) Adobe needs to assume responsibility for any data breach that may happen in the frame of the GDPR.

You have either the choice to conform or not to sell. It is the same with all stock providers, at least those I'm using.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is safe. The system is secure and your ID is permanently removed from our system once it has been reviewed.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobo   

[Moderator deleted a nonsense link. Fortunately for the poster, it was not a spam link]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An ID is apparently no more required, so I'm locking this thread.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines