• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just signed up for Adobe Stock it is asking me to fill out a tax return , I am not U.S. citizen I am UK do I still need to fill out a W 8 BEN

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new to adobe stock and it wants me to fill in a W* Ben tax return for the USA i am from the UK do I still need to do this?

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

We aren't able to tell you which form to fill out or advise you on how to fill it out. For that, you may need to contact a local tax advisor.

I can say that you do need to fill out a tax form, if you do not your payments will be subject to the maximum tax withholding rate of 28%.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We aren't able to tell you which form to fill out or advise you on how to fill it out. For that, you may need to contact a local tax advisor.

I can say that you do need to fill out a tax form, if you do not your payments will be subject to the maximum tax withholding rate of 28%.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do apologize, so, this mean that if I sell photo which cost 0.25$, I will get 0.18$ because 0.07 is going to IRS? Im new here and its little bit confusing.  And one more thing, I am going to fill out the tax form, but I am not paying any taxes here at home, because i do not own any house, car...etc. Maybe is stupid question, but i had to ask. THanks for ur reply! Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not owning a house or car that makes you liable for tax in the UK slobodank, it's your income. In any case, whether you pay tax in the UK has nothing to do with whether you pay tax in the US if you are British. Even if you don't pay tax in the UK, you should have a tax reference number. You will need this number to complete the W8-BEN form.

If you fill in a W8-BEN the income from Adobe Stock will be paid to you without any US tax being taken from it because there is an agreement between the US and the UK for it to work that way.

If you don't fill in the W8-BEN, Adobe will deduct tax at 28% from your payment and give it to the government to help Trump fund his latest executive order.

Your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you almost definitely should if you are resident in the UK and pay tax in the UK. 

If you do, it will probably demonstrate that you do not have to also pay tax in the USA. Otherwise, as the man said, you'll have to pay 28% on your Adobe Stock income.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't fill out a tax form, all sales will be subject to the maximum tax withholding amount.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Adobe deduct the taxes on all my sales ?

should be only applicable on US sales as other agencies do !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also struggling with this. I'm being asked to fill out a tax form and given a link, but the link takes me to fotolia.com. I registered there and searched for a tax form, but can find nothing.

I am UK based and clearly I am very stupid. Could you please supply me with a link to the relevant tax form

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To complete your tax form click the "contributor account" link found at the top of the contributor portal. Once there, scroll about halway down the page. You will see a box titled "Tax Information." Click the blue link labeled "add tax information" and follow the prompts from there.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thats on the Adobe Stock page.....why does your 'tax form' link in the email direct me to Foilio.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And its now done, thank you - please fix the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please forward the email you received to me to investigate?

Thank you,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating from Australia.

I have followed the process and despite many weeks of silence I finally received my tax number.

Now what do I do with this number?

Do Adobe require it for their records?

or does something magical happen behind the scenes and don't have to worry about it.

Thanks

TerryG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have just completed the form, I used my UK national insurance number as my foreign tax number, is that correct? Or do I need to apply for a US specific tax number? The documentation is not very clear. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but we are not able to provide you with tax advice. For answers to these questions please consult with a local tax advisor.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`d like someone to let me know what number I put in as I`ve not got a clue as to what to put in this form as I`ve never been self employed before . I`m from the UK aswell and would like to know if it`s my National Insurance number I use on this tax form ? Also I`m not even sure what form to fill in out of the choices . Please can someone help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to contact a local tax advisor to work with you for specific details to add in your tax form.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I AM NOT A TAX ADVISOR, FINANCIAL ADVISOR OR EXPERT IN ANY FIELD - THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE SHARED.  THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED AS ADVICE AND DOES NOT REPLACE INFORMATION FROM RELIABLE SOURCES I.E. IRS, INLAND REVENUE....

Now that's out of the way....

So, I have a little bit of experience with this, because I had to get a ITIN number (Amercian tax number - I am a UK citizen) when I was attempting to sell a book through Amazon.  Amazon were really helpful with the form, more so than perhaps Adobe are, but hey ho.  I had to go to the American Embassy in London with various documents and form W-7 and apply for an American tax number, which was then sent in the post.  I complete a W8-BEN every year or so with Amazon now, they send a reminder. 

My ITIN number is in this format xxx-xx-xxxx format like that, all digits and was issued by the IRS.

The W8-BEN's that I completed for Amazon, i filled in : name, address, all the obvious stuff, not so obvious as follows:

US Taxpayer Identification number - i used the ITIN provided to me from the IRS,

Foreign Tex identifying number - didn't put anything because I have an ITIN number, to avoid withholding I'm told you need an ITIN number,

Article 12(1)  of the treaty on line 9

Hope this is marginally informative for anyone struggling with the long and confusing instructions issued by the IRS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to go to London!!! I live in Leeds. I've sold one photo so far on Adobe and made .18p, How do I remove my photo's from Adobe this is more trouble than it's worth.

Adobe really could be a bit more helpful with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stevef51148921  wrote

Had to go to London!!! I live in Leeds. I've sold one photo so far on Adobe and made .18p, How do I remove my photo's from Adobe this is more trouble than it's worth.

Adobe really could be a bit more helpful with this

Nice to know where you live! It's not important for deleting your pictures as this is done at any place the same:

• you go to your contributor account
  • you select the picture
  • you push the link marked "DELETE FILE" (the icon is a trash can)
  • eventually you respond to the following question: YES.
  • the file is deleted.

Instead of going to London, you can also phone the Embassy or you simply fill out the required papers and send them to the IRS...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines