• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for feedback on rejection of photo

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! New here and wanting to learn. So appreciate all feedback.

Had numerous photos rejected, some I know why, others it just says "technical issues" with no clarity.  The exact message is: 

>>

Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, during our review we found that it contains one or more technical issues, so we can't accept it into our collection.

To learn more about the reasons why we decline certain images, including technical issues, please visit this page: https://www.adobe.com/go/stock-contributor-help

>>

I have read those but still unclear. I am guessing saturation, contrast, or other, but I don't want to assume and get it wrong the second time.

So asking for some feedback. Thanks much!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a good focus point. At a minimum, this should be one third up from the foreground. Also the fence on the upper right boarder should be removed. Next time, you may want to try a different camera angle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ralph,

Thank you.  Appreciate the advice and suggestions.  Much appreciated.

Could I get your feedback on another photo as well?  I attached it . .  thank you in advance if you can.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the purpose of this photo? A background maybe.

Then I would get read of the spots. Adjust the color and tone.  Crop it down some. And place the flower on a Rule-of-Thirds intersection.

1-7.jpg  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a nice picture. I fear, however, that if you search for something like this, you will find thousands of images. Your new addition needs to be perfect.

• Crop out the top as especially in the right top corner you have a disturbing element.
  • Local contrasts (texture and clarity as they are called by Adobe) will enhance the grass flow.
  • Add vibrancy (not saturation) to the colours.
  • A picture like this needs to be in focus from top to bottom.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo!  Appreciate the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much thanks Ralph!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @b-squared,

"Technical issues" is enough as a reason. The rest is standard text.

Now for your picture:

The shadow areas are too harsh. A clear focus point is missing. The shadow of the bush in the upper part is disturbing. Either get the bush into the picture or frame the picture in such a way that the shadow is not part of it. 

Maybe you should have tried different point of views, especially near to the ground level could have been a nice POV.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great feedback!

Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @b-squared ,

Your first image has a white balance issue. Look at the metal carefully at 100% zoom and you will notice it is blue.

The grass seem to be a needing a little more exposure. It's looking a bit flat.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines