Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Man or machine?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe and/or some photo software,

I'm a bit puzzled by the rejections I've had on some of my submitted photos. Artifact problems...? Out of focus...? Hmmmm, I don't quite follow you, and would even say: I disagree.

Is it just a piece of software that analyses the photos, or is someone made of flesh and blood also involved in the proces?

Who can help me answer some questions about these specific rejections? I would like to understand it, if I'm to consider using Adobe Stock to sell photos in the future.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jesper Edvardsen

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Hi,

ok, it's limited to about 9 MB, but this is certainly enough for a good image size to analyze images. But you misunderstand the explanation of the image size, I think. The height/width of 900 px is the scaling factor for displaying your image in the comments area so that it doesn't take up too much space. But it isn´t a generel size limit.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there is no way to ask Adobe support about rejections. In principle, such questions will not be answered.

Two ways to get more information about the reasons for refusal are 1. to look at this guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

2. to post your rejected pictures with the respective reason for refusal here, and you can get opinions/evaluations from experienced providers/ forum participants.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been contributing to Adobe Stock for just over a year now and this question has been asked multiple times.

This was an answer given a while ago in a post about noise:

'Best way to remove noise and artifacts' October 5 2016

MatHayward​

Without the image number it's difficult for me to speculate. Artifacts isn't specific to noise, ther...

So, there you go. A real human does the reviewing!

And as v.poth says, post your photos here and you will get pretty good feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers!

Ok, here goes; these two photos got the label "Out of focus". I don't see that, so to speak - do you?greenland_82A9539.jpggreenland_82A9367.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in the resolution in which you uploaded the pictures, no one can really judge the sharpness exactly. But it seems that nothing in these pictures is really sharp. An aperture of 6.3 or 5.6 is certainly not the best choice for landscape photography.

In general, everything should be sharp in landscape photos unless you focus on a specific and expressive content of your image to make a conceptual statement.

There are a lot of tutorials about landscape photography in the net.Youtube is a friend here....

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi v.poth,

Unfortunately, Adobe has set a limit of 900px on the longest side, when you upload photos to this forum, so that’s why they aren’t bigger and nothing seems sharp here. (How you then manage to determine, that nothing seems sharp I can only wonder).

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there is no limit for a picture upload here. You can insert pictures in any resolution here.

My assumption that you have used a much too large aperture and therefore your pictures cannot be sharp enough is a possible reason and can be judged independently of the published picture size.

I recommend to inform you about the basics of photography.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When uploading, it said the photo could only be 900px, and if it was any larger it would be resized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skærmbillede 2018-03-12 kl. 20.15.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my artist's eye, the first photo is spoiled by the dark blue foreground. Maybe crop that out and save the sharper center.

The second photo also looks hazy in the foreground and the sharp part of the photo is more at the center.

Buyers would find these difficult to work with. Hence, no market. Interesting shots, however. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ok, it's limited to about 9 MB, but this is certainly enough for a good image size to analyze images. But you misunderstand the explanation of the image size, I think. The height/width of 900 px is the scaling factor for displaying your image in the comments area so that it doesn't take up too much space. But it isn´t a generel size limit.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're right there - thanks for your replies 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your images I would say that it could be a depth of field problem hence not looking sharp. V.poth is right in saying for such images it would be better to have a smaller aperture. F8/11 would be a better start. However if light is low you of course would need a lower shutter speed, which in turn means you need a tripod, and the list can go on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines