• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Model release of 3rd world children and others

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to stock photography and I wonder how a photographer would ever be able to get a model release if he shoots for example one or more indian sadhus, a thai monk, children in a philippine slum and many more. I found travel pictures showing those and I thought is there any exception? How did they do it? Did they do it?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Stock to Adobe Stock Contributors

Well you search...you will find. I have moved your thread to the contributor's forum.

To answer your question, there are 3 possibilities to get persons into the stock database:

• With a model release. That is needed for all pictures for all persons that are recognizable on those pictures. There is no exception for standard or premium pictures.
  • You submitted long ago during the dark ages of stock, when moderation was not so stri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Stock to Adobe Stock Contributors

Well you search...you will find. I have moved your thread to the contributor's forum.

To answer your question, there are 3 possibilities to get persons into the stock database:

• With a model release. That is needed for all pictures for all persons that are recognizable on those pictures. There is no exception for standard or premium pictures.
  • You submitted long ago during the dark ages of stock, when moderation was not so strict. There may be quite q few images that do not follow the (new) rules. Adobe will eventually take them out if they get a re-review.
  • For editorial use, a model release is not necessary. Standard users can't submit, however, editorial pictures as there is a collaboration with Reuters and 2 sport press agencies (mostly for America only, which makes that unusable for the European market).

In your case you need absolutely a model release, except if you work for Reuters...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/karl+der+suchende  wrote

Hello, I am new to stock photography and I wonder how a photographer would ever be able to get a model release if he shoots for example one or more indian sadhus, a thai monk, children in a philippine slum and many more. I found travel pictures showing those and I thought is there any exception? How did they do it? Did they do it?

If the people are recognisable - you most definitely need a model release!!

Personally, I think it is unethical to use people's image for commercial gain unless they agree - hence model release - so it's good that Abobe follows this.

The exception is editorial, but for 'normal' contributors, this is not an option yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ricky336  wrote

I think it is unethical to use people's image for commercial gain unless they agree - hence model release - so it's good that Abobe follows this.

It's not only unethical, it's also against the law...theoretically. Because where would the poor of the poor find out about the profits someone makes with their "modelling".

The restrictions are there. No (well limited...) street photography, no secretly taking pictures with a strong tele...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines