• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most Pics rejected for Technical Issues??

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody. I am brand new here, and posted 70 pics of which the great majority were rejected save 20. I see a couple might not be sharp in foreground or background which was intended. But others like these are well focused. What can be the other reason for rejection? Why doesnt Adobe give a specific reason for each one?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

1. Leaning horizon.  

2. Seems to be over-saturated, with some odd colors in the sky.  

3. Artifacts in the sky; zoom way in and you'll see those purplish patches...

4. Artifacts in the sky - looks over-processed.

5. Same issue with the sky and overall seems to be too blue - make the white balance more natural.

6. Very over-processed; looks like you've applied some sort of cartoon-effect filter. 

My suggestion is to upload a few at a time, say 5 or 6, see which ones are accepted/rejected, study the r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

... Why doesnt Adobe give a specific reason for each one?

By @Arturo Matta

Because it would take a while I guess to write an individual reason for each one. Can you imagine writing an individual reason - in your case 70 for each one? And of course, there are countless others...

Most of the reasons apply to the other photos - like in your case. The overall quality isn't that good when you zoom in. You begin to see the pixels. It looks like this was taken on a camera/smartphone that has a small

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

In addition to @Jill_C's remarks:

to 1)

Abambo_0-1622052289739.png

This should show some structure, it only shows washed out colours. This is typical for small sensor cameras and as long as you can't avoid such artefacts, your pictures will get refused. There is no corrective measure possible for this.

2)

Abambo_0-1622052522187.png

3)

If the picture was OK, you would need to submit a model release for this gentleman:

Abambo_1-1622052647513.png

4)

Artwork may need a property release:

Abambo_2-1622052761514.pngAbambo_3-1622052773173.png

Abambo_4-1622052787703.png

last:

I wouldn't exactly say that this is "well focused". It's oversharpened, oversatu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Leaning horizon.  

2. Seems to be over-saturated, with some odd colors in the sky.  

3. Artifacts in the sky; zoom way in and you'll see those purplish patches...

4. Artifacts in the sky - looks over-processed.

5. Same issue with the sky and overall seems to be too blue - make the white balance more natural.

6. Very over-processed; looks like you've applied some sort of cartoon-effect filter. 

My suggestion is to upload a few at a time, say 5 or 6, see which ones are accepted/rejected, study the rejected images for issues, correct them if possible, and resubmit. Your "eye" will become more educated as to what constitutes a high quality image acceptable to Adobe Stock.  Hope this helps.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Why doesnt Adobe give a specific reason for each one?

By @Arturo Matta

Because it would take a while I guess to write an individual reason for each one. Can you imagine writing an individual reason - in your case 70 for each one? And of course, there are countless others...

Most of the reasons apply to the other photos - like in your case. The overall quality isn't that good when you zoom in. You begin to see the pixels. It looks like this was taken on a camera/smartphone that has a small sensor. Cameras with small sensors don't enlarge very well. Fine for screen viewing - like on a smartphone, but not so good for large prints - which could be used when downloaded from stock images.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

and the Adobe Stock tutorials:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to @Jill_C's remarks:

to 1)

Abambo_0-1622052289739.png

This should show some structure, it only shows washed out colours. This is typical for small sensor cameras and as long as you can't avoid such artefacts, your pictures will get refused. There is no corrective measure possible for this.

2)

Abambo_0-1622052522187.png

3)

If the picture was OK, you would need to submit a model release for this gentleman:

Abambo_1-1622052647513.png

4)

Artwork may need a property release:

Abambo_2-1622052761514.pngAbambo_3-1622052773173.png

Abambo_4-1622052787703.png

last:

I wouldn't exactly say that this is "well focused". It's oversharpened, oversaturated and shows a bunch of noise, and I'm convinced, I didn't name all the faults. In addition, it shows an iconic building with many recognizable marks on.

Abambo_5-1622053262005.png

I doubt that if you would buy any of these pictures for your holiday catalogue or your travel agency billboard that you would be happy.

As @ricky336  said, you can detect most of the defects yourself and writing lengthy critics takes too much time. Even with that little information that the moderator needs to give, you have contributors wondering why moderation takes such an awful amount of time.

Even if @Jill_C tried to look at the assets positively (correcting the faults, resubmitting), please do yourself a favour and sort pictures like these out before submitting. Your refusal/acceptance ratio will be much better. Faults like this are not correctable. The time you invest in keywording would be better spend.

With all this said, congratulation to your 20 pictures that passed. As for the refusals: keep them for your pleasure and a reminder of a great holiday.

As you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using plug-ins or extra processing tools (like Nik Collection effects or third-party camera filter apps) that are causing too much destruction to the pixels? As others have said here, you have too much overprocessing and saturation. You are going for the bright blue and green colors which is great but you need to achieve these more naturally in camera with  magic hour time of day, use of scrims (reflectors) and lens filters, or through the RAW settings. Most exposure and balance adjustments should be made in the RAW file and then use Photoshop as needed for slight corrections to remove any spots or distracting elements. Having 20 accepted is a good start!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines