Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My model is high respected but can't read or write

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

On our journeys we meet a lot of nice people. When i do some portraits i always ask them to fill out this 'MODEL RELEASE'-form.
But what as my 'model' can not read or write. They are fully agree about what i'm doing. I alway tell them very precise the purpose of the photography and that i want to use my photography for Adobe Stock.

20161022-AIT BEN HABBOU-184.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Hi JohnBaggen

If you're able to return to this person, this is what you could do:

Take along with you a printed model release form (I think it would be better).

Ensure there is at least one person who is literate and willing to sign as a witness present with yourself and the model.

Explain to the model about the photo and what it will be used for in details.

Have the model make a mark where she should sign (an "X", tick, or any other mark)

Have the witness sign beside or below the mark (You will need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JohnBaggen, This is a beautiful and moving photograph. If you submit this you could try submitting your statement as part of your model release. When your photo is taken into the approval process at the end of the form giving it a title and selecting words describing it, you will get to a question is this work recognizable - yes or no. You will have to press yes and see the model release form.  If you are still in contact with this person, he can sign with an x if such is requested by Adobe. National Geographic photographers must have this similar problem and solved it.

John, I wonder if you have sold your work in a gallery before. This work could be printed on a canvas and exhibited for sale. Search for quality print on canvas companies that print in archival inks. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joanh22203655  wrote

National Geographic photographers must have this similar problem and solved it.

National Geographic photographers are not in stock photography. Editorial stuff is less critical with such subjects. It is sufficient that the subject is well aware that pictures are taken. If the persons are of public interest, it is even not required to ask permission. You can shoot them anywhere (except in their sleeping rooms or different similar private spaces... 🙂

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohnBaggen

If you're able to return to this person, this is what you could do:

Take along with you a printed model release form (I think it would be better).

Ensure there is at least one person who is literate and willing to sign as a witness present with yourself and the model.

Explain to the model about the photo and what it will be used for in details.

Have the model make a mark where she should sign (an "X", tick, or any other mark)

Have the witness sign beside or below the mark (You will need to write the word "witness" beside that signature, and the signee dates the signature)

Make a note at the bottom of the form that the model is illiterate.

Make sure the rest of the form is properly filled out. Make sure your signature date, the witness signature date, and the model mark date all correspond.

I hope this helps

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines