• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mysti.. Picture refused for Technical issues..

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am new here.. Just found out this mist photo has been refused for technical reasons.

Reading through the possible causes in Adobe FAQ, I find some possible reasons but no exact clue?

Anyone a suggestion? Contrast issue may be, but that is the case photographing in the mist..

Thx in advance for any helpfull replies.. 

_DSC1483.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have submitted some that are misty hazy or not otherwise pin-sharp - I meant it that way! Its possible they go through some kind of electronic process that just defines it as unacceptable and that's it.

I am also a bit mystified by the rejections - also by some of the acceptances!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single one of the images I have submitted that feature fog or mist have been rejected for "Out of Focus". It seems that there is a machine algorithm that looks for acceptable focus, and it reads fog or mist as OOF.... Too bad, since, living here in the SF Bay Area means that I have some nice foggy images.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a blurred lights city skyline rejected even though when I search there are others already approved, I can't seem to find a place where I can ask a question about the photo.

Joe Cosentino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joecos,

If you sill have the photo you wanted to ask about, you may upload a copy here and ask your question.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Douweb,

This is a beautiful photo. However there are a number of issues with it. The technical issue might be color balance. The bottom left seem to be a little blue. I also think it is a little under exposed. In addition there are purple color fringing around the vegetation. There is also the matter of grain/noise and color noise throughout the image. 

To see all these issues you need to zoom your photo to between 100 and 200% and inspect it thoroughly.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The trouble is from 2016/2017. Quite old...

But just to say: asset moderation is done by humans. 

And blurred pictures are generally not accepted. If older ones have been accepted, that is not a valid argument. Quality requirements change with the time.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines