Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need a help

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I just started here and uploaded my best photos. Unfortunately, many of  them were not accepted.

I leave here some photos, would be very grateful to get any advice.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Hi @Марія5FA0,

Welcome to the stock photography. Unfortunately, there are quality requirements that need to be met before the pictures are getting accepted. You need to check your pictures at 100% and 200% magnification to look for artefact and other defects that will disqualify the picture. If you post here it is useful to let us know the refusal reason.

For IMG_1655 I would guess technical reasons:

The picture contains artefacts that are typical for phone pictures or small sensor cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Марія5FA0,

Welcome to the stock photography. Unfortunately, there are quality requirements that need to be met before the pictures are getting accepted. You need to check your pictures at 100% and 200% magnification to look for artefact and other defects that will disqualify the picture. If you post here it is useful to let us know the refusal reason.

For IMG_1655 I would guess technical reasons:

The picture contains artefacts that are typical for phone pictures or small sensor cameras. In addition with flowers it is critical to get the blossom in focus (orange arrow). Your picture had the leaves behind in focus (yellow).

Abambo_0-1616460386712.png

As phone pictures are allowed to be submitted, they get the same vetting as other pictures taken with much better sensors.

Small sensors tend to introduce noise faster and are processing the images aggressively to overcome that deficit. That processing unfortunately introduces different defects.

Abambo_1-1616460681692.png

Some defects may be introduced by uploading your files here, however, the pattern is very typical for your type of phone.

For picture 0442 you also have different defects:

• Colour and luminance noise
  • The eyes are not sharp -- as with the blossom eyes need always being in focus.
    Abambo_3-1616461306047.png

• The picture is missing contrast. A look into the picture's histogram shows the blacks completely (left) missing and the whites partially (right).
    Abambo_2-1616461294081.png

I didn't look into the other pictures, I suppose they are similar.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo,
Thank you for your answer, it is super useful for me! I’m really new in
all this and definitely I’ve got to learn much more. Currently I’m using
Canon Rebel t7 (now I’m not sure about this camera)
I used to make amateur pictures for my instagram by using my IPhone XR.
P.S. Most of the time the rejection reasons were because of focus and noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some tips:

• Shoot RAW
  • Shoot in manual mode
  • Know the limits of your lens. The lens is often the cause for optical errors and missing focus. Especially, each lens has a sweet point where it is sharpest. That's not at the beginning or the end of the opening. And if you have constantly out of focus pictures you need to calibrate the focus. I do not know about the Rebel T7, but newer cameras let you correct back- and front-focus of a lens.
  • Use a flash (but best not the pup-up) even outside. I shoot a lot with flash, if the subject allows. Sharpness and the noise level get enhanced with flash. Just make sure that you do not blow out the main subjects.
  • When doing macro shoots you can use LED lights instead of flash.

When I take pictures a lot of them are not in-focus, even when the subject is not moving. And I'm shooting with a 5DmIV and great and sharp prime lenses. So, you need to shoot a lot.

You need to look at your pictures at 100% and/or 200% to see most of the artefacts. Some can be corrected, others not. I do not have one picture that has no correction of some kind.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines