• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with FTP

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded FileZilla and put in the info needed, but it says the server doesn't support a secure connection. Whatever I upload will be "sent in the clear". Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Hi

Did you mean this message?:

"Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS."

This message indicates that the server is not secured by TLS (Transport Layer Security).

However, the TLS backup method has become obsolete.

Best regards,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

You're welcome, even five years after.😂

BTW: today it's sftp. Secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock Contributors and looping in MatHayward to help you with the issue.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just confirming if any of the Adobe Staff answered this question? Because the above ftp program FileZilla is actually the one program Adobe mention's to specifically use, when you click "learn more" under the load your files by ftp, and if you are uploading video you can Only use ftp or directly upload natively from Premiere.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe staff did not respond to this up to now. It does not disturb me, however. It's more that the message is more frightening than dangerous.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything posted above is confirmed. Upload with confidence. The message is offputting but cannot be avoided as far as I know.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is generated by Filezilla and is correct in a sense that if you were uploading to a « standard » ftp server. As with Adobe you have special provisions, you have a special user name and password and you can only fill up Adobe’s disk space. I suppose that there is kind of « life » check of the data and types so no one would have an advantage in hijacking your connection.

And turn it the other way: may be a potential hijacker is a real good photographer and produces the killing photographs that sell exceptionally well, all that cash would go into your pocket, because you would be credited to be the author. ... I would really love a situation like that... 🙂

Who want’s to hijack my connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different options to send your data in a secure way. Be sure to try them all. I must say that I never uploaded via FTP. But there should definitively some « s » function working. I’m very interested in what Mat says on this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you mean this message?:

"Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS."

This message indicates that the server is not secured by TLS (Transport Layer Security).

However, the TLS backup method has become obsolete.

Best regards,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mario. Does that mean it's ok to upload? I didn't want to do it if I was going to be put at risk somehow. (sorry-I'm not great with some of this stuff). I will try again and see if I can upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no risk. The only minimal risk is that someone would listen your traffic and then upload data to your Adobe stock account. As the uploaded data gets immediately transferred to some private area, this would not show any advantage to a potential hijacker.

Also there is no possibility that someone could enter your computer because of connecting to Adobe stock.

So feel free to upload your data and still feel secure.

Just to avoid confusion to users like you, I would have expected Adobe using ftps or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! You've been very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, even five years after.😂

BTW: today it's sftp. Secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines