• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with "Technical Issues"

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get started as a contributor to Adobe Stock, but I am having some problems with images being declined. For example, the image below was rejected for "Technical Issues". Unfortunately, that heading can include a lot of different things. I would really like to know what specifically might be wrong with this, so I can learn and adjust. Obviously, this isn't the full-resolution image uploaded, but does anyone have any ideas what technical issues this image might have? Also, if said issues can be addressed, is it acceptable to upload a new version of a previously declined image?

I'd be grateful for any assistance!

path-to-waterfall.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

There is a bit of a green cast - given off by the green of the trees, but I think that isn't really a major thing. This can be corrected by adding a bit more magenta. What I see is the water being overexposed - blown out in fact, so this, unfortunately, cannot be recovered. There is no detail there to recover.

When shooting for stock it is always best to shoot in raw format, so you can change and edit it easier in software designed for raw - e,g Photoshop, Lightroom etc.

You need to expose for the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello timrolands, While this is a very nice photo, it does not have quite the exceptional look the reviewer is looking for. Landscapes in Adobe Stock run into the millions and many are often breathtaking. So, what can you do to make this more than a good quality picture?

Always take your photographs to 200% magnification to look for problems. Notice the sky and how washed out it is. The treetops fade into the white area. Noise is present there also. The exposure needs adjusting try Camera Raw so the overall balance is better, more pleasing. If you want more color Curves can help. White balance for the water will help eliminate any extreme white areas. The detail in the dark shadows will give your foreground greater interest.

If you are new to Adobe Stock, study the guidelines presented for stock contributors. Regards, JH

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bit of a green cast - given off by the green of the trees, but I think that isn't really a major thing. This can be corrected by adding a bit more magenta. What I see is the water being overexposed - blown out in fact, so this, unfortunately, cannot be recovered. There is no detail there to recover.

When shooting for stock it is always best to shoot in raw format, so you can change and edit it easier in software designed for raw - e,g Photoshop, Lightroom etc.

You need to expose for the water rather than an overall average of the frame. (Evaluative metering.)

path-to-waterfall.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are allowed to resubmit.

But the picture here is probably not to be recovered. In addition to ricky336​‘s excellent analysis, I see washed out details in the stones around the waterfall. That appears often with aggressively processing (either in camera or in post).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi timrolands,

Color fringing in the highlight areas is where the technical issue lies. The purple/blue color should not be around the edges of the image.

Sometimes this can be corrected without damage to the entire image, sometimes not. In addition to Joan's suggestion, you may also apply some lens correction in your post processing to see if you can remove the fringes, and resubmit.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the feedback!

I experimented with addressing some of the issues in the original image and had some success. Unfortunately, I don't think it's enough to meet the standards. The good news is that this is an older image I took with a lower-quality camera that I no longer use. The DSLR I am using now should allow me to control more of the factors around getting the initial shot.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having a better camera will help but remember this, It's the photographer behind the camera that captures the image, learn everthing you can on how to get detail in both brights and darks in a image, composition, depth of field. In otherwards shoot for the best possible image before processing even if it means braketting, shooting different angles, shooting at the best light of day etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines