• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New clueless contributor needs to learn why some pic's don't go through to Stock.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!!!

Could you please help me understand, so I dont make the same mistakes again.

I've had all kinds of reasons, some I understand why from the short text, but usually not.

Im not afraid to hear the truth if some of my tries are not up to par so to say

Just wanna learn!

Please help me, with these rejects. Why?

Thanks a bunch!

/Jenny in Sweden

IMG_2263.jpg

REASON: Estethic or commercial reason

It's just too cheesy, right? Guess Stock already has a couple too many? Or?

IMG_2265.jpg

REASON: Technical reason

IMG_2172 2.jpg

REASON: Technical reason

( )--------------------( )-------------------(:-)

That's it for my rose collection so far. Have others too, but this is enough for now.

Looking forward to get some honest opinions. Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Hi,

The reviewers could have chosen 'Image Out of Focus' - as all your images have a focus problem. In addition, your composition is not that good, so, I would suggest reading about composition. It is an important part of photography!

The Photographer's Eye by Michael Freeman is a good start.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Hi Jenny in Sweden (a beautiful country btw you could deliver a lot of interesting stock images),

Apart from what Jacquelin and Ricky say, please look into this:

Note:

Common subjects like flowers, pets, sunsets, and food are already heavily represented on Adobe Stock. New submissions for these categories are approved if they stand out and show the common subjects in unique ways.

So that's for your first picture, the one which is lesser out of focus.

To be accepted, the flowers would need to be cris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

The first one - out of focus and poorly composed

the second - really out of focus

the third - uneven exposure and out of focus; the Adobe stock editors don't seem to go for this artful type of very limited focus. You have to consider how a designer might want to use such an image in a project.

As I've read frequently here on the forums and in other presentations, since Adobe Stock has ~9 million flower photos, a flower image must be technically perfect and really exceptional and unusual to be accep

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jenny, Welcome.

The first thing that meets my eyes is blur. There is too much blur in the images, and so it takes away from the subject. It would appear as though the rose is not quite within focus. All three images seem to be out of focus. The first and the last extremely blurry. The second rose is too small, and too many leaves. Additionally they appears to be grainy/noisy. To get more insight you may read the guidelines at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle . Also read all the reference link of each document including the PDF document "Adobe Contributor's Guide". Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock will give you an idea of the definition of each content rejection.

I hope this helps

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The reviewers could have chosen 'Image Out of Focus' - as all your images have a focus problem. In addition, your composition is not that good, so, I would suggest reading about composition. It is an important part of photography!

The Photographer's Eye by Michael Freeman is a good start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenny in Sweden (a beautiful country btw you could deliver a lot of interesting stock images),

Apart from what Jacquelin and Ricky say, please look into this:

Note:

Common subjects like flowers, pets, sunsets, and food are already heavily represented on Adobe Stock. New submissions for these categories are approved if they stand out and show the common subjects in unique ways.

So that's for your first picture, the one which is lesser out of focus.

To be accepted, the flowers would need to be crisp sharp, correctly lighted, in nice colours and without defects in the blossom. I have some flower pictures in the stock, but I also had and have regularly refusals on "Aesthetic or commercial appeal".

The blossom is far from perfect...

Picture 2: Composition is OK, but main subject is out of focus.

Picture 3: Composition is bad. There is only a little part in focus in the image.

You shouldn't put the main subject that near to the border.

For the image composition I would draw your attention to this: Rule of thirds - Wikipedia .

First try to conform with this, then you can try to challenge it (by not conforming for some of your pictures).

Also: Your camera is an iPhone. That may be acceptable as a camera, but you really need to get all the odds on your side: light, composition, sharpness, contrast.

Please continue posting your failures here. There will always someone to tell you about what is not so good in the image. If you follow these threads, you can learn a lot, also from  what others post and say.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the problems with these photos --- Abambo you say it well in this statement -"Also: Your camera is an iPhone. That may be acceptable as a camera, but you really need to get all the odds on your side: light, composition, sharpness, contrast."

And the Guidelines for Adobe Stock contributors is filled with the rest of the information you need to prevent rejections of your art. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knoooow, I can't really understand how its even possible to get pics on here that are taken with a phone. But obviously its possible! Amazing. And its just so much easier. Lazy I know. Cause I do have a Canon EOS...

Thanks a lot for your tips! I really appreciate it! Even if the composition critique kinda hurt, Id be honest

I do have 3 accepted pictures (iphone. Thats all Ive tried sending in so far, since my camera is not here) by now. Yay! 3. Haha. 19 rejects have I also under my belt now.

TRying to get a feel for what they want, what is accepted, so trying anything right now, just to see what response any different type of picture gets.

Wanna see and comment more of my rejects?

Haha, thanks anyway!

FRom sweden where summer seems to linger this year....

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one - out of focus and poorly composed

the second - really out of focus

the third - uneven exposure and out of focus; the Adobe stock editors don't seem to go for this artful type of very limited focus. You have to consider how a designer might want to use such an image in a project.

As I've read frequently here on the forums and in other presentations, since Adobe Stock has ~9 million flower photos, a flower image must be technically perfect and really exceptional and unusual to be accepted. Just type "pink rose" in the search box, and you'll see the type of images that are already on the site. Consider branching out in your choice of photo subjects. Capturing people in authentic situations in always a good bet, but you would need model releases of course.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

I am a a designer though, haha, so I have scouted for pics on istock for hours and hours...

Its really different on this side though, I didnt think I had much use of my profession for this, for a long time, actually. Weird but true for me.

Good for me to get a reality check on my artsy pretentious tries on here I think, hehe- they just want natural, good quality raw material for buyer to use as he wishes, and have room to try different things, that I have not restrained by already deciding exatly which look the picture will have. Right?

Still think its a mystery why they accepted the ones they did, that Ive tried (3 yes, 19 no. So far , and now im just testing anything to see what the feedback is, to try to one day get a feeling for what maybe could work... Its totally in the dark for me now, except what I wrote above.

Maybe one day Iwill understand better, haha

Thanks

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jen - I would love to see the images you got accepted at Adobe ...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines