• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new here...critique me:)... denied for 'artifacts problem'...ready to learn!

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

panchetta crit.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Hello krisl65016506, I hope you did view this photo at 200% - a must to see artifacts that the reviewer said was the reason for rejection. I hope you know artifacts when you see them and remove as many of them as possible before submitting your work. Just in case you need more information about this topic, I have supplied a link for your study. Kind regards, JH

To make Adobe's position on unwelcome artifacts, I will give you this forum answer about

Artifacts:

Artifacts

Artifacts include noise, gai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello krisl65016506, I hope you did view this photo at 200% - a must to see artifacts that the reviewer said was the reason for rejection. I hope you know artifacts when you see them and remove as many of them as possible before submitting your work. Just in case you need more information about this topic, I have supplied a link for your study. Kind regards, JH

To make Adobe's position on unwelcome artifacts, I will give you this forum answer about

Artifacts:

Artifacts

Artifacts include noise, gains, color fringing, and other artificial coloration that is many times present in the body of the image. Grains are dark spots that are usually more visible in the dark and shady areas of the image and is more visible at smooth areas magnified at 100 to 200%. Grains are also visible in smooth areas. As you view these areas you'll notice if there's a light spectrum of colors that should not be there. For example, shadow having colors of purple, blue, pink, etc. and not solid black. Color fringes are usually at the edges, most of the times purple. To correct these you need to, with editing software, apply a small amount of postprocessing. Be careful not to make it obvious.

Knowing your camera is also important. You need to read the manual about your camera so that you can use correctly the different features base on the environmental condition or subject. For example, low light might require a little exposure compensation, to ensure reduced grains/noise you might need to ensure your ISO is set low, and so on. It is best to avoid the use of flash.

Is there is the presence of the flare? That is a technical problem. Your composition is also another concern. Is your image is taken too close?  The image itself is lacking vibrancy and is pale in appearance rather flat. It is better to include a little of the surrounding along with your subject so that customers are able to crop or add captions.

Here are some links for your benefit:

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle
Re: Is there any way to get rid of the "artifacts" in a photo

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

And watch this video

From Shoot to Sale: Part 1 | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines