• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Stock, Learning why things get rejeted... Whats up with this?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC01738.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Hello JacobCV, Did you also receive a reason for this rejection? I see that there is a little frog who refused to have his picture taken face forward. Not much market for photos of the back of a frog. However, perhaps the noise and blurriness of the majority of the space is another reason.  As stated in the guidelines for stock contributors, your work must be excellent in every way - composition, focus, exposure color, and clarity - and then it must be totally exceptional. Here's a place to look

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JacobCV, Did you also receive a reason for this rejection? I see that there is a little frog who refused to have his picture taken face forward. Not much market for photos of the back of a frog. However, perhaps the noise and blurriness of the majority of the space is another reason.  As stated in the guidelines for stock contributors, your work must be excellent in every way - composition, focus, exposure color, and clarity - and then it must be totally exceptional. Here's a place to look for more information about how to avoid the rejections from Adobe. Best regards. JH

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ON THIS PAGE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob

Your main subject is too small, and too much of your image is out of focus. This could be because you tried to zoom in on the little guy, that would not allow you to get close. The more you zoom the smaller the field of focus becomes especially if you shoot in macro.

I hope this helps

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is your rejection reason because of noise and artifacts?

Because you have problems with noise:

DSC01738noise.jpg

This can be seen in the background of the leaves. Notice the slight 'grainy' appearance of the leaves. This is noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see the rejection reason, but I'm with Jacqueline: The main subject is too small. And I'm with Ricky: There is some noise on the background. As I do not think that the post is in full size, there needs to be a lot of background noise (reducing the size reduces the noise and generally adds sharpness.

You want more reasons: look at your histogram: You need to work the blacks.

I also worked the noise...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, I think I covered the obvious answer in my reply. It was my intention to give the contributor information about what could be wrong and send them to sites to read for themselves. I do like your additional information beyond the general answer and see it can be helpful for many readers. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joanh22203655

Yes, you correctly identified problems on the picture, as did Rickey and Jacqueline too. And you added -- as always -- the highly useful links for Adobe stock quality requirements.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines