• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie: lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal - help

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, I'm new to Adobe Stock and quickly becoming frustrated.  I submitted 23 photos and had 1 accepted.  Most were rejected for having a lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal.  Now, I'm no Ansel Adams I'll admit, but my photos aren't that bad.  to make it worse, they tell me my photos have no appeal but there are others on adobe stock that look pretty close to mine.  I some cases I think mine look better, but yet I can't get mine on the site while others can.  Is this just luck of the draw based on who is reviewing and what kind od mood they're in that day?

Here is an example...  the shot below is currently on Adobe Stock:

as.jpeg

here is the photo I uploaded...

DSC_5834-Edit.jpeg

Mine is not appealing...

thoughts?

before someone says there may be too many like this out there.  there were numerous pics, but I saw only this one that was like mine.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the wreath in yours better, but overall your photo is not as pleasantly composed as the one that is there. Yours is a bit too tight to the subject. There's no room around it for anything.

Speaking of composition and angles, you can see the white/blue building behind the main building (on the right) better in the Stock image as well. In yours it's a distraction because it's just kind of peeking out a bit so there's nothing to resolve what it is in a viewer's mind.

Also, the water is higher in the Stock image and it looks nicer because of it.

Now, if there were no shots of this already in the Adobe Stock collection, maybe this one would have been accepted. I don't know. But when there are more useful and more pleasing images of the same thing from nearly the same angle with nearly the same lighting...why add an inferior image? I don't work for Adobe so I don't know for sure about their reasoning, but I do know that if it were me and I already had the other one in my collection, I would reject yours too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your'e welcome. It's too bad the other photos got there first! You've got a nice photo of what looks to be a beautiful place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines