• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non Compliant Content

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So those are rejected picture with "Non Compliant Content". I have absolutely no clues what is wrong with those pictures, and I am really thinking that this Adobe way is not the right way.

I totally understand that maybe my pictures are not meeting some of the Adobe standards or those are not the pictures that would sell, Yes maybe. But would it be cool to tell it?

Näyttökuva 2018-01-15 kello 18.33.46.png

Is there really some one from Adobe reading that can explain this to me how this game should be played.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Hi,

In stock photography there are many rules that differ from the "art photography". One has to meet technical requirements and orient oneself in the picture design to the needs of the market. This is also an "art" and you have to get involved and understand it if you want sell pictures here.

I think that if you don't take this into account and don't optimize your image production accordingly, this market is not suitable for you. And yes, keywords are absolutely important for the traceability of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

have you uploaded the pictures with the frames to Adobe that can be seen in your posted picture? That would be a reason for the rejection of "Non Compliant Content".

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, those are just screen captures from the "rejection portal". Is some one ever got any responses from the Adobe people or we all just guessing what went "wrong"... I mean I really could spend my time much better than trying to guess what Adobe people are thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, that's always a little bit of a guesswork. The next item would be the keywords, do they all match the picture?

In general, this reason for rejection means that the selector does not consider it is sellable. You can only guess why. My guess is that your pictures are simply too dark to be sold well and broadly. But that's just a thought because of the small screenshot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keywords.... OK, so the keywords are affecting quality of the pictures?

I understand that keywords will affect visibility and marketing those pictures, which are in my option pretty different things. I think i will continue to enjoy photography and let this kind a money making go away. But let me say that if Adobe would be committed to serve photography and promote artist they would offer a solution for the keywords rather than let us wondering our selves what went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In stock photography there are many rules that differ from the "art photography". One has to meet technical requirements and orient oneself in the picture design to the needs of the market. This is also an "art" and you have to get involved and understand it if you want sell pictures here.

I think that if you don't take this into account and don't optimize your image production accordingly, this market is not suitable for you. And yes, keywords are absolutely important for the traceability of a picture, and also for its approval by the agency.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent advise. Thank you. I recently made the mistake of submitting an image shot at ISO 12500. I looked good on my screen. Obviously, not good for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines