Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-compliant vector ?

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using Adobe Stock as buyer for a long time and I just decided to try to be a contributor as well so I uploaded a few vectors. which are concepts for logotypes that the buyer can customize with the name of their client's company and related tagline if needed.

Some of them have been accepted and some no with the explanation "Non-Compliant vector" with a "Unfortunately, we found that it doesn't meet our needs."

In attached 2 examples, the "GardenCare" has been accepted and the "Blueocean Dreamers" no.

I checked the  "Adobe Stock Contributor Guide" and I could not understand why some of my "logo-vector" where accepted and why some not. Technically they are exactly the same, a vector professionally made in illustrator and a jpg image of the logo in a mock-up as preview.

I've been an author in Graphic River for years so I am familiar with the reviewing process and how sometimes it can be challenging.

So my question is really simple: why some of my logos have been accepted and some no? If it is a matter of topic or style, I would understand, but than I'd like to have some sort of guide in that sense.

Thanks for your help

maudesign.ca

logo-5-preview.jpg

Logo-10-preview.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Non-compliant file

This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue.

I would check the keywords or the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-compliant file

This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue.

I would check the keywords or the title.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion Abambo, I do not think the rejection was about the keywords, since I got already a "soft rejection" about that and it was specifically stated in the email that the problem was in the keywords with the suggestion to change them in order to have the file accepted.

Anyway, I will try to change the keywords in one and resubmit it, and see what happens.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't guess what keywords you used, but anything like "logo" is a no-go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‘Logo‘ is no-go .. why is that? Lots of ‘logo’ in descriptions an ‘logotypes’ in keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There may be several reasons for that:

• older entries passed during the times when the rules where not that strict.
  • some moderators may weight keywords for what they are: words.

Other moderators may refuse the picture on keywords that are triggering refusal actions.

Moderators work hard to get our pictures checked-up and I have a lot of respect before them. Most of my refusals where because of a small defect on the image that I did miss with my final check before submission. With time I’m getting better and submitting faster. When I’m looking at the pictures here, I’m getting realy good at spotting small logos, small image defects that could have lead to refusal.

Moderators need to do that on a bunch of pictures. They need to be fast and effective. If not, people are complaining that their pictures stay in the moderation queue for too long. As true logos can’t be accepted because of the rules stating clearly that you cannot buy the exclusive rights on the image or design, which would be necessary for true logos, you can’t keword your submission accordingly.

That a strict moderation is necessary is demonstrated on the other side of the stock fora: the buyer’s side. People are complaining because defects in pictures they bought make their acquisition unfit for the intended use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines