Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not all pictures need to be perfect

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted this and it was rejected.

The point of this picture is light and shadow. The silhouettes of people are in contrast to the light filtering through the clouds. I admit I am biased, but what is wrong with this picture?

IMG_0256a.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

I would suggest this could have been rejected due to exposure issues. Despite the intent of light and dark, the white bit is a bit of a white blob - burnt out, and foreground somewhat too dark and too much of a dark blob. However, this is just my opinion!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have not mentioned reason of rejection here. May be you have submitted as commercial without model release of all people in your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It had an artifacts problem. Nobody is recognizable here, so there would be no need for a release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest this could have been rejected due to exposure issues. Despite the intent of light and dark, the white bit is a bit of a white blob - burnt out, and foreground somewhat too dark and too much of a dark blob. However, this is just my opinion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with ricky336, too much contrast and bright whites. This is the Adobe information about rejections. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images you upload should be as "perfect" as possible, I think, in terms of technical, design and commercial usability, in order to address the headline of your thread.

My guess for the rejection:

Technically everything is ok, but the picture looks too "sad" for a stock picture. The sky is very pale, has little drawing and little colour. The foreground is very dark and forms a strong contrast to the background. It looks very dark overall and not very positive. It is probably not suitable as a beach vacation photo and for a weather phenomenon it is not "dramatic" enough, I think.

Which buyer should use it for what purpose is the question?

Greets

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colors are dull the white in the sky is blown out – and you can't really see what the people are doing and they are too far from each other - wrong composition imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines