• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Compliant

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though I have been a conributor for a few years - I often think the basis for material rejection is super arbitary - sure, I 'get' some clear rules - but others appear capricious and random,

Most of my contributions are ABSOLUTELY NOT that commercial and I can REALLY live with that - they are largely not 'stock' in any manner.

I note my declared 'illlustations' are often rejected - as NOT COMPLIANT - any clarity from anyone is appreciated.

Attached is a light 'exhibit' - just what is commercial is subjective - so I can live with that. I would add these DO SELL in other forums...

Thoughts/Comments - Cheers.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Hi @BJK1 ,

This is your art when zoomed. Edges not smooth. you can barely see the difference between the people and vegetation. I am not an art pro, but in my opinion you would not get this sold many times if ever. But then, I could be wrong. If you get non-compliant rejection it simply means there is a request that you have ignored and re-upload a rejected file without making the required adjustments that is in compliance with the Adobe guidelines. 

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1625499893056.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Au

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Here are the reasons given on the Help pages for "non-compliant" rejection:

This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BJK1 ,

This is your art when zoomed. Edges not smooth. you can barely see the difference between the people and vegetation. I am not an art pro, but in my opinion you would not get this sold many times if ever. But then, I could be wrong. If you get non-compliant rejection it simply means there is a request that you have ignored and re-upload a rejected file without making the required adjustments that is in compliance with the Adobe guidelines. 

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1625499893056.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the reasons given on the Help pages for "non-compliant" rejection:

This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue.

Did you submit a release?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a light 'exhibit' - just what is commercial is subjective - so I can live with that. I would add these DO SELL in other forums...

By @BJK1

Adobe stock has its own rules. Refusals are not arbitrary, there is always a reason behind and rarely are those refusals by error. That your submissions sell in other databases is not criteria for Adobe stock. BTW: Many of my pictures are in different stock databases, and they sell very differently.

I would reject the attached picture for technical issues. If it has been rejected for non-compliance, you've got the definition from @Jill_C. As we cannot look into your refusals, you should yourself see if what Jill cited is applicable.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you submit your illustrations as AI, EPS or SVG?   For what it's worth as a Stock customer, I don't buy illustrations that are not vector artwork.  Pixel-based jpgs don't live up to my print requirements.  Illustrations should have crisp, clear borders and well-defined details that can be scaled to ANY size without quality loss.  You can't do that with pixel-based JPGs. 

Study these related links:

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines