• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not seeing some categories in the category selection list, others used for similar images.

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a confusion. When I was checking similar images and their categories on Adobe, to see what keywords have been used by others, I saw that for similar images there are categories that I do not have in the category-selecting-list Adobe provided me as a contributor. For example: When checking other's rusty used tire rim images, I noticed that some of them used 'Spare Parts' as a category for tire rim image WHEN WE ONLY have the "Transport" option in OUR list. Same problem in some other categories too.

My question is, why it is different? And Why I am not seeing some categories in my list that others are using?

ALSO, it would help me to know why the lists are different? If I am not understanding something about how you work it, please let me know.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

You can upload to Fotolia if you had an account there before the Adobe Stock Contributor Portal launched. If not, the site is closed to new contributors. Selecting categories and sub categories was a big pain point for many contributors as the process was fairly time consuming and produced little results. Most customers are not using categories to search so keeping the the main categories as generic and simple as possible is an advantage for contributors.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy

I think this content is from Fotolia.

Fotolia has more categories.

...Example from categories of Fotolia.:

Industry >>> Industiral Tools >>> Spare Parts

Spare Parts.jpg

best regards

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Stock to upload my Photos and not Fotolia and I saw for example that I only have the option animals, where others have the option dogs, for a dog photo.

So how can I change the category? It should be possible, shouldn`t it?

best regards

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello marog- pixcells,

Thank you for your response. In that case can I upload images on Fotolia?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can upload to Fotolia if you had an account there before the Adobe Stock Contributor Portal launched. If not, the site is closed to new contributors. Selecting categories and sub categories was a big pain point for many contributors as the process was fairly time consuming and produced little results. Most customers are not using categories to search so keeping the the main categories as generic and simple as possible is an advantage for contributors.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines